SPF Electronic Engineer
SPF Electronic Engineer
Job Number: 75316
SPF Electronic Engineer, Pay Grade J, Exempt, Continuing
The System Prototyping Facility (SPF) in the Electrical Engineering Department is looking for an electronic engineer to help design printed circuit boards for a variety of electronic system prototypes and instrumentation setups. Experience in analog circuit and printed circuit board design is required. Experience in embedded systems and FPGAs is also strongly desired. A degree at the B.S. or M.S. level is expected.
The successful candidate will work closely with the facility's lab director, research engineers and our Stanford-internal clients. In addition, the candidate will also work with post-docs and graduate students during project execution. As such, experience in an educational environment is very desirable.
Provide highly specialized technical research and support, expert instruction, and consultation; identify and design solutions to a wide range of unique problems and other research and development activities. Work in collaboration with senior research staff members.
- Design and develop complex and specialized equipment, instruments, or systems; coordinate detailed phases of work related to responsibility for part of a major project or for an entire project of moderate scope.
- Develop technical and methodological solutions to complex engineering/scientific problems requiring independent analytical thinking and advanced knowledge.
- Develop creative new or improved equipment, materials, technologies, processes, methods, or software important to the advancement of the field.
- Contribute technical expertise, and perform basic research and development in support of programs/projects; act as advisor/consultant in area of specialty.
- Contribute to portions of published articles or presentations; prepare and write reports; draft and prepare scientific papers.
- Provide technical direction to other research staff, engineering associates, technicians, and/or students, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of engineering and related natural sciences.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, sit, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, use a telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, operate foot and/or hand controls, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be exposed to high voltage electricity, radiation or electromagnetic fields, lasers, noise > 80dB TWA, Allergens/Biohazards/Chemicals /Asbestos, confined spaces, working at heights ?10 feet, temperature extremes, heavy metals, unusual work hours or routine overtime and/or inclement weather.
- May require travel.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Location: School of Engineering
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.