Evaluation Research Analyst
Evaluation Research Analyst
Job Number: 75310
Stanford University is seeking a Research and Evaluation Analyst (Academic Program Professional 1) to join the Office of Medical Education Research and Evaluation team, helping to support a medical school curriculum redesign effort that is aimed at delivering a high-quality, modular curriculum which will provide students additional flexibility in their path to purse an MD degree. Our team's mission is to enhance medical education through rigorous qualitative and quantitative data analysis. We study the impacts of pilot programs and curricular innovations on student satisfaction and learning outcomes to help guide curricular decision-making. The work environment is busy and demanding. Our team provides support for projects associated with the required MD curriculum and major education programs and initiatives constituting millions of dollars of investment. We also provide consultation to faculty, students and staff who want to engage with program evaluation and data, and use research findings for continuous quality improvement. Research and Evaluation is a division of the Office of Medical Education (OME) within the School of Medicine Educational Programs and Services (EPS). Duties include:
- Design and manage evaluation projects and studies. Developing and administer surveys, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, create reports, review trends, and make program improvement recommendations.
- Disseminate findings through oral and written presentations internal to Stanford as well as at the regional and national level.
- Manage data and data collection systems, including survey and evaluation tools (E*Value, Qualtrics) and the curriculum management database (Ilios).
- Develop and maintain large databases, including data collection from faculty and student surveys, student performance metrics, descriptive statistics, etc.
- Write and edit content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
- Perform outreach activities, including program communications, events, and conferences.
- Advanced degree in relevant field (e.g. medicine, social science research, education, evaluation).
- Knowledge of medical education, including emerging innovations at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Familiarity with curriculum and evaluation software tools (e.g., E*Value, Qualtrics, and/or Ilios).
- Prior experience working in medical education, ideally at Stanford or one of its peer institutions.
- Demonstrated oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and provide basic direction to staff.
- Knowledge of study design, quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methodologies, and IRB protocols.
- Experience managing large databases and proficiency with research related software.
- Facility with SPSS, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with faculty, trainees and staff at all levels.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Ability to use voice to present information/communicate with others.
- On-campus mobility.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Occasional overnight travel.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.