Coordinator - Math Lab
Coordinator - Math Lab
Under the direction of the Math Lab Director, assists with the management,
administration, and coordination of activities and staff of the Math Lab. Assists
in developing and maintaining partnerships between the Math Lab and campus
departments. Participates in strategic planning, staffing decisions, and other key
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly
related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in tutoring, and modeling effective tutoring or
- knowledge of learning theories and instructional design in an academic setting.
- Knowledge and experience with budget management and tracking.
- Skills in effective interpersonal communication.
- Skills in use of computers and computer applications.
- Skills in tracking and managing statistics and information needed for decision making
and program improvement.
- Skills in fostering professional and working relationships with students, faculty,
staff, and administration.
- Ability to identify program needs and utilize available resources.
- Ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders across the university and
interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be self-directed and complete tasks without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and implement a variety of support systems, programs, and
initiatives related to student success.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, initiative, creativity, tact, and
Master’s degree and at least 2 years of learning center work preferred.
Must be able to sit continuously, see, hear and talk on a regular basis. Fine hand manipulation for computer work.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $36,319-$48,425 annually
Advertisement Number: ST06217
Open Date: 06/15/2017
Review Start Date: 06/21/2017
Close Date: 6/21/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1280
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.