Coordinator - Global Administration
Coordinator - Global Administration
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Global Engagement Office is hiring an Coordinator to performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, and planning activities, some of which require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills, such as budget monitoring, facilities scheduling, inventory control, specialized record keeping, and/or specified information-gathering projects and tasks.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. Assists with international travel, legal compliance, risk management, and Visa administration. May train and oversee some staff and students.
- Coordinates the preparations and submissions of reports that support and enhance the work of The Office of Global Engagement.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in internal and external communications, correspondence, and appropriate matters of etiquette in various settings or vehicles.
- Working knowledge of databases and accounting software.
- Working knowledge of Banner.
- Knowledge of fund development field helpful.
- Knowledge of Visa administration.
- Knowledge of legal compliance.
- Exceptional customer service orientation skills.
- Outstanding phone etiquette skills.
- Strong editing and writing skills, including written correspondence.
- Skills in basic business math.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and web browsers.
- Solid creative, design, and multimedia skills.
- Ability to plan and evaluate actions effectively.
- Ability to respond effectively to change and to anticipate potential changes and act accordingly.
- Ability to successfully enact strategic changes affecting multiple stakeholders, including high-level university leaders.
- Ability to perform analysis and projections.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative and project-focused environment populated with diverse individuals, opinions, and backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and sensitive matters with appropriate caution and discretion.
- Ability to conduct online research.
- Proficiency in a second language
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of State and Department of Homeland Security reporting regulations and requirements pertaining to non-immigrant foreign nationals.
- Experience in Visa administration
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $27,051 - $33,814
Advertisement Number: ST06117
Open Date: 06/15/2017
Review Start Date: 06/22/2017
Close Date: 6/30/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants that apply on or before the screening date. The position is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1250
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.