Associate Director/Director of International Admissions
Lake Forest College seeks applications immediately for an Associate Director or Director of International Admissions, based upon the successful candidate’s level of experience. Previous experience in international education is required, preferably in admissions or school counseling.
The associate director or director will have an exciting opportunity to build upon and expand Lake Forest College’s longstanding commitment to international students. The College, a selective liberal arts institution located in Lake Forest, 30 miles north of Chicago, offers several distinct advantages to international students: direct flights, quality academic programs on an idyllic and safe campus, and access to a world-class city.
The successful candidate will join an energetic, creative, and hard-working admissions team. Two other staff members, as part of their responsibilities, will assist the associate director or director. Office culture values and promotes collegiality, professional development, and life/work balance.
- Analyze selected international markets, trends, challenges, and opportunities. Develop strategic five-year enrollment plan for selected countries and regions, as well as United World Colleges.
- Advise Vice President of Enrollment on necessary resources to implement approved enrollment plan. Manage international recruitment budget.
- Oversee partnerships with the Davis Foundation and United World Colleges
- Travel to selected countries, representing the College at high school visits, college fairs, off-campus interviews, and other recruitment events
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships with international school counselors and organizations
- Incorporate constituency groups in international recruitment: current students, faculty and staff members, and alumni
- Advise and work collaboratively with the Admissions Marketing team to develop segmented communication plans (web, digital communications, social media, print)
- Review, evaluate, and make decisions on non-U.S. and U.S. citizens studying abroad. Assist with decisions on non-U.S. citizens studying in the U.S.
- Determine international student financial aid awards in collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Financial Aid
- Provide progress reports and annual evaluations as part of the recruitment cycle. Make strategic adjustments as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Office of Intercultural Relations staff members and Designated School Officials
- Recruit in and manage a domestic territory
- Engage in admissions office recruitment activities: e.g., help cover campus events and receptions, conduct interviews, advise students and parents on financial aid, and work with high school and independent counselors.
- Attend professional conferences and meetings.
- Perform other duties and supervise projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license and passport required; a willingness to travel abroad and work evenings and weekends
- Experience in international education required, preferably in admissions or school counseling
- An understanding of best practices for international recruitment
- A desire to build an international recruitment program and the ability to develop strategic data-driven recruitment plans
- An ability to skillfully use technology in support of international recruitment and admissions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; an understanding of marketing and facility with social media
- An ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently or collaboratively
- An excellent work ethic. Motivation, creativity, and flexibility will be highly valued.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically to Chris Ellertson, Vice President of Enrollment, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately. References will not be contacted without permission. For a confidential conversation, please call Chris at 847-735-5011. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.