Adjunct Instructor - Russian
Adjunct Instructor - Russian
Position Category: Faculty - Adjunct (Variable Hour)
Utah Valley University seeks adjunct applicants to teach Russian in the Department of Languages. The successful candidate will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Design and teach courses in field of study.
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instruct, manage, and supervise individuals and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops through using appropriate teaching methods.
- Evaluate instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
- Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
- Maintain and submit accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Assist advisor, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the courses taught by: reading and utilizing materials found in trade, technical, and professional publications; surveying and researching industrial and business establishments; obtaining and maintaining certification and degrees as required; attending professional and specialty courses; keeping abreast of new development trends, and techniques.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adhere to these policies.
- Maintain desirable and safe laboratory, shop, and classroom conditions.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in the subject matter OR a bachelor’s and two (2) teaching or closely related professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of the appropriate field of study.
- Thorough knowledge of counseling and advising techniques.
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for assignment).
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Skill in public speaking and report writing.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
Teaching, standing, sitting
Pay Range: DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules)
Advertisement Number: FAC03917
Open Date: 06/15/2017
Review Start Date:
Close Date: 12/31/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1266
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.