Adjunct Instructor - Portuguese
Adjunct Instructor - Portuguese
Position Category: Faculty - Adjunct (Variable Hour)
Utah Valley University seeks adjunct applicants to teach Portuguese in the Department of Languages. The successful candidate will perform some or all of the following duties:
Design and teach courses in field of study.
Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
Instruct, manage, and supervise individuals and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops through using appropriate teaching methods.
Evaluate instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
Maintain and submit accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
Assist advisor, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
Be thoroughly familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adhere to these policies.
Maintains desirable and safe laboratory, shop, and classroom conditions.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in the subject matter OR a bachelor’s and two (2) teaching or closely related professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for assignment).
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of the appropriate field of study,
- Thorough knowledge of counseling and advising techniques.
- Skill in public speaking and report writing.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Ability to stay abreast of new development trends, and techniques.
Teaching, standing, sitting
Pay Range: DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules)
Advertisement Number: FAC03817
Open Date: 06/14/2017
Review Start Date:
Close Date: 12/31/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1264
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.