Instructor - School for the Science of Health Care Delivery
Instructor – Science of Health Care Delivery
College of Health Solutions
The School for the Science of Health Care Delivery (SHCD) within the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus invites applications for a 9-month non-tenure-track instructor position to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of biostatistics, interpreting health sciences research, and health economics. This is a full-time, academic year [or fiscal year], fixed-term appointment that is renewable annually. Salary is dependent on qualifications.
SHCD prepares current and future health care workers to systematically address the critical and complex needs of the health care system. Through the interdisciplinary study of population health, patient-centered care, health economics, policy, data analytics and leadership, students gain the skills necessary to achieve value-based health care in pursuit of the Triple Aim. SHCD houses over 1,100 undergraduate, graduate, and executive education students and offers degrees in medical studies (BS), health sciences (BS), and the science of health care delivery (BS, MS, EE). However, regardless of academic program, students receive structured education in 6 core domains including: leadership, population health, information science, systems engineering, health care management, and health economics and policy.
The College of Health Solutions is dedicated to developing the health workforce of the future. We're equipping students to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics.
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, health economics, informatics, or health administration field
- Demonstrated ability or potential to teach undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in the specified areas of biostatistics, health sciences research and/or health economics
- Prior experience as lead instructor (not teaching assistant or guest lecturer) for face to face courses and at least one online college/university course in health sciences and/or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to work with an inter-professional team of educators
- Demonstrated expertise within the diverse areas of biostatistics, health economics, informatics, or related field
- Experience with online courses taught through Blackboard operating system
- Nationally recognized credential related to core professional area(s) of expertise
- Record of service to professional organization(s) and/or community agencies related to core professional area(s) of expertise
Application Deadline and Procedures
Initial close date for the position is 6/23/17. Applications are reviewed every week thereafter until the search is closed. To apply, send the following by email to Kelli Kreger, email@example.com:
- Letter of intent outlining qualifications, teaching experience and teaching philosophy
- curriculum vitae or resume
- names and contact information for three professional references
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/ ) Applicants are asked to complete an Equal Employment Opportunity Survey.