University of San Francisco
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Stewardship and Donor Reporting, the Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for helping to drive and support the projected extraordinary growth of donor contributions to the University of San Francisco. Their role is as part of the team that ensures donors to USF are thanked and reported to in a timely and meaningful way. Through cultivating existing relationships, and supporting the establishment, retention and growth of new ones, the Stewardship Coordinator will strengthen USF's development program. The Stewardship Coordinator will be responsible for leading and managing initiatives aimed at elevating the USF donor experience. These initiatives include custom stewardship opportunities including, personalized acknowledgements, narrative and financial impact reports, and unique and exclusive donor benefits. All stewardship and donor reporting practices will further the goals of both the University and the development division. The Stewardship Coordinator will use exceptional attention to detail and time management to accomplish their goals through project planning, management, ownership and follow through to ensure the University's donors feel appreciated and informed about the impact of their gift(s). Our stewardship activities will educate, engage, inspire and thank donors for their generosity. Stewardship and donor reporting activities are continually evaluated to ensure they are well received by our stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts strongly preferred
• Minimum of three years of progressively responsible development experience in an academic or non-profit environment
• Exceptional communication skills, advanced interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively build mutually beneficial relationships with a diverse group of people
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and make informed decisions while also displaying a passion for learning and the confidence to ask questions
• Project management expertise
• Database experience, Salesforce preferred
• Demonstrated attention to detail including exceptional proofreading and deadline management skills
• Creativity, flexibility and a dedication to process improvement
• Strong knowledge of donor engagement and stewardship best practices
• Team orientation with a strong habit of collaborating, but also capable of working independently on projects with minimal supervision
• Understanding of and respect for confidential nature of donor information
• The ability to apply sound judgment in all situations is required, as are excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
• The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, professional team player with courteous interpersonal skills and an excellent customer service attitude.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.