Suffolk County Community College Executive Dean/Campus CEO
Suffolk County Community College invites nominations and applications for its next Executive Dean/Campus CEO-Eastern Campus. The Executive Dean will serve as a member of the senior leadership team of the College under the leadership of President Shaun L. McKay, Ed.D. and will assist the existing leadership in advancing the College’s mission of education that transforms lives.
Suffolk County Community College seeks a proven and dynamic leader to assume the position of Campus Executive Dean of the Eastern Campus. The Executive Dean will be a visionary, capable of developing and implementing strategic, effective responses to current challenges that impact a publicly supported institution of higher education. In addition to being an accomplished educator, the ideal candidate will have higher education administrative experience and possess executive management skills to direct and oversee all campus operations. The successful candidate will have a collaborative, transparent, and inclusive leadership style that is built upon excellent communication skills and will embrace a commitment to engage internal and external stakeholders as participants in campus decision-making processes. The Executive Dean of the Eastern Campus of Suffolk County Community College will be a visible and effective member of the community, interacting with other educational institutions, elected officials, and community and business organizations. In addition, the Executive Dean will serve as a member of the senior leadership team of the College under the leadership of President Shaun L. McKay.
The Executive Dean of the Eastern Campus will be an accomplished and experienced leader with the following minimum qualifications:
1. A Master’s degree is required; a doctorate or terminal degree is preferred;
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies;
3. A record of successful, progressively significant administrative responsibilities in a complex higher education organization;
4. Teaching experience at the higher education level is required, with preference given for community college teaching experience;
5. Extensive proven experience with institutional or academic unit-level accreditation processes and program reviews.
Preference will also be given to candidates who can demonstrate that they possess the following:
1. Proven commitment to achieving academic excellence in a student-centered campus environment;
2. Budgetary experience with progressively broader scope and responsibility;
3. A demonstrated ability to balance stakeholder fiscal requests with overall responsibility for campus operations;
4. Demonstrated commitment to collegial, consultative processes of shared governance;
5. A commitment to diversity in all its forms, as well as a proven understanding of and commitment to supporting institutional diversity goals for faculty, staff, students and academic programs;
6. Respect for and experience with the collective bargaining process;
7. Experience in a multi-campus setting;
8. A commitment to the mission, vision and values of the community college;
9. Cultural competence and the ability to lead a diverse faculty, staff and student body;
10. Excellent communication and technology skills.
Complete details regarding this opportunity can be found at:
For more information visit the College web site at www.sunysuffolk.edu.
APPLICATION & NOMINATION PROCESS
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Candidates for the position should submit three separate documents: A cover letter that specifically addresses the leadership agenda and required and desired characteristics listed above; a current CV with email address and cellular telephone number; a reference list with the names, home and business telephone numbers, and email addresses of five professional references. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the appropriate candidate has been appointed. All materials should be submitted to SuffolkCCCCAMPUSDEAN@academic-search.com. In deference to the sensitivity of the positions presently held by many of those who will be nominated and considered, the search will be conducted in strict confidence until finalists are brought to campus. Inquires can be made with Senior Consultant Shirley Pippins (email@example.com), or by telephone at 202-332-4049.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy: Suffolk County Community College is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, equal pay compensation-sex, military and veteran’s status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the college community.