Assistant Track & Field / Cross Country Coach (Part-Time)
Reporting to the Head Track & Field / Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Coach will assist in developing, organizing, and administering all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III Track & Field program. This individual will assist the Head Coach in all areas of the Men's and Women's Cross Country and Track and Field Programs. The assistant coach will have primary responsibilities working with distance and middle distance runners. The Athletics and Recreation Department is committed to providing a wide range of activities and services that assist Pratt students of various backgrounds and abilities in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Pratt Institute is exploring NCAA Division III membership.
- Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of coaching, program, team management, planning and executing training, practices, and meets.
- Aid in all levels of prospective student-athlete recruitment, with a primary focus on distance.
- Participate in professional electronic, phone and interpersonal communication to individual players, administrators, and recruits.
- Assist with off-season, in-season training, and strength & conditioning for distance program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years collegiate-level coaching experience in cross country/distance event.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and execute year-long event specific training plans.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population.
- Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is crucial.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience recruiting at the NCAA level (preferred).
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE