Manager, Central Pharmacy Services
Position/Job Title: Manager, Central Pharmacy Services
Pay Status: Salary
Reports To: Director, Pharmacy and Clinical Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position requires a set weekly schedule of Sunday - Thursday with 8:00am to 4:00pm or 10:00am to 6:00pm. Schedule to be determined based on current business needs.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Central Pharmacy Services department. Responsible for the training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies. Relies on experience and professional judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Responsible for the implementation and adherence to the Fruth Standard of Practice as it relates to the provision of the highest quality health care service to our customers. Responsible for the overall management of the Pharmacy Central Services Department. This individual will also serve as a backup to the Lead Pharmacists, Clinical Services with regards to Lead Pharmacist duties under Fruth Specialty Care.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Serve as Pharmacist In Charge (Responsible Pharmacist) for the Central Services Pharmacy Dept.
- Responsible for adherence to the Fruth Standard of Practice of dispensing prescriptions
- Responsible for the performance of all quality assurance steps to insure a technically accurate prescription is dispensed. Reports dispensing incidents in a timely manner, in accordance with company guidelines
- Responsible for the adherence to all State and Federal guidelines governing the practice of Pharmacy
- Responsible for the management and balancing of the pharmacy inventory to insure maximum turns while still remaining in-stock for central processing needs.
- Oversees the transmitting, processing and receiving of orders to and from all suppliers as needed
- Oversees and is responsible for checking pharmacy inventory for outdates and processing of all returns
- Insures prescription files and other manual records are maintained in accordance with all state and federal guidelines
- Insures Central Pharmacy Services technology is being used to its fullest potential to insure a maximum return on investment of the technology and life span
- Insure outstanding service is exhibited by all employees at all times
- Insure all loss Prevention policies are followed by all employees and report deviations from said policies to Loss Prevention
- Oversees the maintenance of the pharmacy department to insure a clean, professional environment that protects customer and employee safety
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the Pharmacy and Health Care Services fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrates them into own practice
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient information
- Facilitates communication between professional staff and pharmacy personnel
- Assists in the development of an annual pharmacy department operating budget, and operate the pharmacy department within the budgetary guidelines
- Interacts with company management in the appropriate completion of hiring practices, performance reviews and disciplinary actions of pharmacy department personnel.
- Responsible for the assignment of duties and assisting in the scheduling of Pharmacy staff to insure payroll and productivity budget guidelines are met
- Responsible for the training and development of all pharmacy department personnel necessary to perform duties.
- Assist in the communication of corporate goals to all pharmacy department personnel
- Attend and actively participate in all required training/management programs, as requested by management
- Interface with various auditors and outside agencies, as needed
- Oversight responsibilities to insure facilities are compliant with all state and federal regulations and requirements
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of all Pharmacy technology in place both in-store and at the Central Services Pharmacy.
- Assist Fruth IT team members in troubleshooting issues that occur with technology within the Central Services Pharmacy and within the communications between Central Services Pharmacy and in-store Pharmacy
- Become the subject matter expert on all Policies and Procedures relating to Central Pharmacy Services
- Pharmacist for Fruth Specialty Care:
- Works closely with the Patient Care Coordinator Technician and verifies each specialty prescription for translation accuracy after patient care coordinator has entered information in the dispensing system and KETU, KloudScript's technology solution.
- Implements and monitors all policies and procedures necessary for compliance of all Federal, State, and local laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy and company operations.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate records necessary to meet legal, or business needs. Ensures the quality of data entry and records maintained.
- Responsible for addressing patient or customer complaints regarding specialty operation matters, and implementation of any quality measures needed to mitigate future issues.
- Responsible for adhering to payer contract standards and coordinating any pharmacy audits responses for specialty products.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Posses and maintain a valid WV State Pharmacist License and possess (or acquire) and maintain Pharmacist licenses in Ohio and Kentucky prior to June 1, 2015 (for initial hire) within 90 days of hire for all future hires.
- Ability to stand/walk throughout majority of shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Manager, Central Pharmacy Services must possess the following qualities, including, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Minimum 3 years experience as pharmacist in a retail pharmacy setting, preferably a minimum of 1 year in a management role
- Strong computer skills which include proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and word processor programs
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels within the organization.
- Team focused individual who thrives in fast paced environment.
- Open to change and is self-motivated to make a significant difference to the business.
- Deadline driven individual with exceptional prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a given time period.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to communicate and drive action with all persons
- Self-motivation to ensure best in class knowledge of law and policy
- Positive Attitude
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Skills Required:
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment and/or random drug screening test
Management Skills Required:
- Customer Service: Must provide timely and accurate responses to all business associates and customers
- Planning: Must develop effective plans, objectives and goals that achieve desired results in a timely manner
- Organization: Must organize work in a systematic way, establish clear lines of responsibility, and delegate effectively
- Communication: Must write and speak clearly and effectively at all levels, listen and be attentive to others
- Decision Making: Gather, analyze data and make and/or implement effective decisions in a timely manner
- Technology: Must use technology to its fullest potential to achieve department and corporate goals
- Must oversee Central Services Operations on a daily basis.
Leadership Skills Required:
- Leadership: Gains acceptance of ideas and accomplishes goals through subordinates, peers and teams
- Personnel Development: Selects, trains, coaches and develops associates and teams for peak performance
- Team Work: Must strengthen team performance by sharing information, establishing guidelines and celebrating success
- Empowerment: Demonstrates positive and active ownership of one's responsibilities and fosters the same in others
- Employee Relations: Provides and solicits constructive feedback, evaluates performance and takes corrective action
- Intuitive/Open minded: Must be able to see opportunities, develop and implement creative solutions to complex problems
- Achievement Drive/Commitment: Driven to achieve goals, objectives and results. Fosters a culture of continuous improvement
- Positive/Supportive: Inspires and shows faith in others, builds a positive and supportive work environment
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing business needs. To balance multiple priorities and deliver under pressure
- Must have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English].
- Ability to write simple correspondence [in English].
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
- Ability to apply rational judgment to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell.
- The individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and reach from 6 to 48 inches, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and reach from 6 to 72 inches.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color and depth perception.
This Job Description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or limit the Direct or Indirect Supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as deemed appropriate.
Fruth Pharmacy first opened for business in 1952. Jack Fruth dreamed of serving the local community with a small family pharmacy, and he chose Point Pleasant as the location for the original Fruth Pharmacy. In the early days, Jack posted a sign on the door that said, "In case of emergency, call Jack Fruth at home." His desire to serve the community was evident not only in his willingness to come out in the middle of the night, but also with his involvement with local projects like the founding of Pleasant Valley Hospital. Since then, the company has grown to include 29 stores in West Virginia and Ohio and Kentucky.
Fruth Pharmacy offers all the services of the large chain drug stores while maintaining the principles that made Fruth "Your Hometown, Family Pharmacy." Fruth is a full-service pharmacy and retail store with a down-home touch. Fruth Pharmacy also offers a full line pharmacy with all over the counter medications, health and beauty products, groceries, household items, and a wide selection of gifts, including balloons and flowers.
Fruth pharmacists are involved in the local communities, and develop strong relationships with their customers in order to better serve them. Our Fruth Pharmacists are on duty seven days a week and are always willing to answer your questions. Though Fruth has grown over the last 60 years, we continue to provide the same great customer service in your hometown.
Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:11:04 PDT