Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions and Marketing
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS AND MARKETING
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
Coral Gables, Florida
The University of Miami, a top-tier private research university with approximately 10,000 undergraduate students and 6,000 graduate and professional students from around the world, is seeking an experienced admissions professional with exceptional skills in team building, marketing and communication who understands the dynamics of a complex, global and diverse university to serve as Assistant Vice President for Admissions and Marketing. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, oversees a staff of 25 and is responsible for on-going development and implementation of an integrated marketing and recruitment strategy for new undergraduate students (freshman and transfer, domestic and international) while overseeing a holistic admissions process with 30,000 applicants for a highly qualified first-year class of 2,025 plus 550 transfer students.
Qualifications: Candidates will be expected to have an integrated approach to systems and analytical eye toward recruitment and admissions, with the ability to analyze macro and micro trends in admissions. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of recruitment technology (web and social and digital media), direct mail, telemarketing, advertising, and on and off campus programming. Significant market research knowledge relative to potential growth markets domestically and internationally is essential. Importantly, candidates must have skill and experience in leading, managing, mentoring, and coaching an admissions team as well as the ability to work closely with university leaders and other internal and external colleagues and stakeholders. At least ten years of experience in undergraduate admissions are required, as is a deep commitment to diversity in all forms. An advanced degree is preferred.
General Description (Purpose and Function):
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and implement an integrated marketing and recruitment strategy for new undergraduate students (freshman and transfer) while overseeing a holistic admissions process. This involves leading all undergraduate recruitment efforts (at the domestic and international levels). This pertains to advanced knowledge of recruitment and operations technology (web and social and digital media), direct mail, telemarketing, advertising, and on and off campus programming. Within this, significant market research knowledge relative to potential growth markets domestically and internationally is required. Additionally, a systems and analytic approach to recruitment and admissions is critical to success. A critical element to this position involves leading, managing, mentoring, and coaching the undergraduate admissions team. The position also involves understanding a productive and efficient application operations unit for multiple levels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and recruitment strategy for undergraduate students.
- Research and analyze potential growth markets domestically and internationally and incorporate with the integrated marketing and recruitment plan.
- Lead strategic initiatives relative to print, direct mail, telemarketing, multimedia, web, and social and digital media as tied to undergraduate recruitment at the domestic and international levels for both freshman and transfer students.
- Develop an undergraduate domestic and international recruitment strategy involving high school and community college visits, college fair attendance, telemarketing, and on and off campus recruitment events.
- Utilize a holistic admissions process and rubric.
- Prioritize on campus recruitment events to highlight the institution’s competitive advantages.
- Lead community college articulation agreement initiatives.
- Lead advertising and retargeting initiatives.
- Develop an undergraduate admissions organizational structure that highlights the importance of on campus events, off campus recruitment, transfers, students of color, guidance counselor relations, legacy and siblings, student ambassadors, and application evaluation.
- Manage, mentor, and coach the undergraduate admissions team providing a path for professional growth and development.
- Analyze undergraduate admissions data to ensure enrollment number, profile, and diversity initiatives are achieved.
- Lead the development of reporting tools to assess application volume, campus visit productivity, and other metrics to assess application and enrollment forecasting.
- Develop and manage the undergraduate admissions recruitment budget, including forecasting of needs.
- Know and adhere to NCAA and Atlantic Coast Conference regulations as they pertain to recruitment and eligibility.
- Serve on campus committees as related to undergraduate admissions.
- Attend undergraduate admissions, marketing and recruitment related conferences as necessary to develop professional skill set.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
Qualifications: (Education/Training and Experience Required)
- Master’s degree preferred. Preferably in Higher Education, Business, or related field.
- 10 or more years directly related experience in undergraduate admissions.
- Advanced skill in higher education marketing, recruitment and communications – particularly the web and social media.
- Superior coaching, mentoring, team building and supervisory skills.
- Superior market research and analytical skills.
- Superior management skills and experience.
- Thorough mastery of a productive and efficient admissions operations process.
- Demonstrated quantitative, qualitative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and technical savvy of student information systems.
- Superior communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at multiples levels regarding admission and operational processes.
- Successful experience writing and developing undergraduate marketing and communications publications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze macro and micro level admissions related issues and trends.
- Skill in recognizing opportunities to create efficiencies using new processes and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with leadership within colleges regarding issues impacting undergraduate admission.
The University: Established in 1925, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse research university located near one of most global cities in the United States. The stunning campus lined with palm trees and well-maintained buildings offers students a comfortable and intimate campus setting with exceptional, cutting edge academic and cultural opportunities. The University comprises 11 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 180 majors and programs. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked the University of Miami 44th in its “Best Colleges” listings, the eighth consecutive year it has ranked among the top 50. To read more about the University and the inspiring momentum, visit www.miami.edu. For information about Coral Gables and the region, visit http://www.miami.edu/index.php/about_us/visit_um/coral_gables_and_the_region/.
To Apply: Napier Executive Search is assisting the University of Miami with its search for an Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions and Marketing. All inquiries, nominations and conversations about this opportunity are welcome and will remain confidential. For more information, please contact Mary Napier (email@example.com) or Laura Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you wish to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Miami@napiersearch.com . Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled; priority consideration will be given to resumes received before July 6. Salary and benefits are competitive.
The University of Miami values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply for Assistant Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions and Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly