Job Title: Construction Supervisor (DP&C - Inside Plant Electrical Construction Supervisor )
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Compensation: $34/hr - $43/hr
Duration: 2 year contract (with possible extension)
Hours per week: 40
****Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Perform electrical construction supervisory responsibilities for the Inside Plant Construction Group in the Delivery Projects and Construction (DP&C) Organization.
- Support the activities of major new, replacement and upgraded electric inside plant facilities.
- Manage and coordinate the work of multiple contractors and trades with responsibility for contract administration and compliance in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Resolve contractor conflicts, schedule issues and labor disputes. Drive / promote Safety throughout the job site and ensure environmental compliance.
- Interface with governmental agencies for regulatory compliance with permitting and licensing requirements.
- Direct the assembly / installation of major electrical equipment, structures, conductors, cabling and relay / controls equipment.
- Review Wiring, Control and Schematic drawings for accuracy, coordinate and perform testing and commissioning of equipment and facilities, including necessary relay / controls tie-ins.
- Provide daily job site inspection of work to ensure completion in accordance with established designs, specifications and company / industry standards.
- Complete construction reports, Contractor billing, in-service reports, Contractor / vendor evaluations and project close-out reports.
- Supervise the efforts of Bargaining Unit Associates and Contractors (trade union personnel).
- Must complete necessary training and qualify to hold an assignment in company's Tagging System.
- Knowledge and experience in electric distribution design/engineering, operations, maintenance or construction.
- Exhibit knowledge of computer based business applications.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- High school graduate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, Construction Management or Business).
- Reports to Inside Plant Construction Manager
- Main responsibility is to supervise construction of substations (new substations and updates to existing stations)
- Plan work and check that installations are complete
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Willing to train if already has required knowledge
- Mostly field work
- Technical background is important
- Must be familiar with high voltage equipment 4kv- 500kv
- Will not be handling equipment; only supervising
Tri-Power Consulting Services goal is to help Engineering, IT and Admin TOP TALENT obtain contract jobs with our large Electric Power Utility client as well as other reputable clients. Let us give you the opportunity you are looking for - Apply today!!
South Plainfield, NJ
Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:32:44 PDT