Director of Events and Game Operations
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-14-2017
The Illinois State University Athletics Department is committed to academic and athletic excellence as it prepares today's student-athletes to become tomorrow's leaders. This position directly contributes to that mission by directing and coordinating the management of intercollegiate athletic events. This position is responsible for organizing; staffing and managing intercollegiate athletic events and activities; being responsible for scheduling and directing weekly event management meetings and serving as Director of NCAA Championship events, Missouri Valley Conference Championship events, and IHSA State Championship events.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of populations.
3. Extraordinary organizational skills and the ability to manage budgets.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree in athletics administration or related field.
2. Previous event management experience in collegiate or professional athletics.
3. Proven ability to supervise part and full time staff including the hiring, promotion and scheduling of staff for events, competitions and services.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.