Academic ASAP Program - Associate Director of Recruitment and Retention
ASAP at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) emphasizes enriched academic, financial and personal supports including comprehensive and personalized advisement, career counseling, tutoring, tuition waivers, MTA MetroCards and additional financial assistance to defray the cost of textbooks.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating recruitment and retention strategies. The position supervises program recruitment, student engagement, support services and operations.
ASAP at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) emphasizes enriched academic, financial and personal supports including comprehensive and personalized advisement, career counseling, tutoring, tuition waivers, MTA MetroCard's and additional financial assistance to defray the cost of textbooks. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating recruitment and retention strategies. The position supervises program recruitment, student engagement, support services and operations.
- Responsible for proposing, executing and evaluating outreach strategies to meet annual recruitment goals.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid to ensure timely processing and guiding of perspective students.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management on recruitment strategies.
- Develop a system to evaluate the success of recruitment goals.
- Responsible for the supervision of extra-curricular and co-curricular programming to advance student learning and promote retention.
- Collaborate with faculty and department chairs to support student learning through discipline-based programming.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to establish retention goals and execute internal assessments.
- Collaborate with Associate Directors to assist the efforts of advisement teams.
- Collaborate with Institutional Technology, Institutional Effectiveness, Enrollment Management and other College offices to support recruitment and retention goals.
- Oversee MetroCard's distribution and assist with the distribution of textbook vouchers.
- Support marketing and communications efforts.
- Support projects assigned by the Executive Director.
- Recruitment team responsible for outreach, processing and programming for perspective students.
- Student leaders who support recruitment efforts and front desk support.
- ASAP Financial Aid Coordinator.
- Data Coordinator responsible for the management of program databases.
- Support Services Coordinator responsible for academic enrichment programming.
- Program and Engagement Coordinator responsible for extra-curricular programming.
- Career and Employment Specialist responsible for professional planning and development.
- College Assistant responsible for clerical duties.
Work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and six years related experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience supervising or leading staff.
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators.
- Strong organization, project management, communication, problem-solving and facilitation skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude to learn new systems as needed.
The candidate will have a minimum of four years' experience working in higher education. The position requires experience in recruitment, student retention and supporting cross functional teams.
Master's degree in the field of higher education, student development practice or other related areas.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Experience in recruitment management.
- Knowledge of program strategies to improve student success.
- Design, implement and evaluate retention programs.
- Proficient in database management, establishing data integrity and literate in outcomes assessment.
- Experience in team and project management.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines with changing priorities.
- Flexibility working with faculty, administrators, students and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
Reporting to the ASAP Director, the ASAP Manager is responsible for the daily administration of ASAP program activities.
- Establishes semester block programs and manages and schedules all other academic support activities such as tutoring and workshops
- Supervises planning and implementation of ASAP summer programming, including summer course taking, workshops, and the ASAP summer institute, and other special student activities
- Assists Financial Aid, Registrar, and Bursar in evaluating student eligibility, finalizing registration, and verifying tuition charges
- Assists the ASAP Director with required reporting and collaboration with other college units
- Monitors and assesses data reports on a regular basis to ensure movement towards ASAP success benchmarks and to determine student support needs
- Oversees advisement and delivery of comprehensive support services to ASAP students
- Supervises professional and support staff
- Performs related duties as assigned
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary: $71,723 - $84,678
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
July 19, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Academic ASAP Program - Associate Director of Recruitment and Retention
Job ID: 16943
Full/Part Time: Full-Time