Enrollment Registrar Manager
Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Enrollment Registrar Manager.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Under the supervision of the college Registrar, the Enrollment Registrar Manager for Systems Operations will manage Registrar office operations and projects; as well as, monitor Student Services systems to address administration and student requests for information in a timely manner using CUNY systems and other relevant programs/software. The Registrar Manager responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Provide a consistent registration process each semester, including the creation and posting of registration appointments, process updates for special populations including student-athletes, accessibility students, and other priority groups.
- Provide leadership in the Office of the Registrar, especially related to data analytics, technical and technological applications, functionalities, and initiatives.
- Develop and implement training for faculty and staff on record keeping using College's registration and advisement systems.
- Develop Registrar business process improvements, best practices and software upgrades.
- Oversee Registrar staff performing updates and revisions to the course catalog; monitor and update all changes from the college's Academic Senate and University reports, including updates to the College's degree programs leading to Associate or Certificate degrees.
- Develop policies/best practices to help ensure security and accuracy of the student data systems.
- Prepare ongoing reports and analyze data on registration activities for college administration, including Enrollment Management. Additional reporting, analysis, and implementation will be related to DegreeWorks and Resource 25 (R25 and X25) room scheduling tools.
- Ensure that the technology supporting office operations is effective and efficient. The successful candidate will use technology, systems, and data analysis to promote productivity, collaboration, and coordination within the office, college, and university.
- Assist with ongoing DegreeWorks and PeopleSoft updates.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience using PeopleSoft student administration system
- Experience using DegreeWorks (or similar student graduation tracking systems)
Query development experience along with use of Access, Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred.
- Experience using a room scheduling tool such as Resource 25 preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and oral communications.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious,gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College registration operations and related activities.
- Oversees daily office operations; supervises the maintenance of accurate and secure student records; determines residency eligibility; enforces all retention and release policies regarding the confidentiality of student data
- Improves and maintains department performance regarding information processing through effective system management and staff development
- Reports on all matters pertaining to academic standards, academic petitions, student progress, and maintenance of enrollment eligibility
- Assists with developing strategic plan, evaluating outcomes and ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Provides auditors with appropriate documentation as requested
- May administer Registrar activities related to Return of Title lV funding
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
July 15, 2017. Review of resumes to begin June 28, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Manager
Job ID: 16902
Full/Part Time: Full-Time