Head Coach, Men's and Women's Water Polo
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Medicine, the Head Coach of Men's and Women's Water Polo will lead the water polo programs by performing the following:
- Identify and recruit academically qualified and athletically talented men's and women's water polo student-athletes.
- Schedules and conduct practice sessions and assist in scheduling of regular season contests
- Is responsible for individual player skill development and team performance development
- Oversees administrative processes pertaining to team travel, budget, student-athlete eligibility, and academic progress. Responsible for knowledge of and full commitment to compliance with all NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Athletics and Recreation rules and regulations
- Is responsible for the full academic and social development of water polo student-athletes, to include consultation with the student-athlete, Academic Support Staff, and other University administrators and support staff.
- Assists in team and department fundraising and public relations activities. Responsible for managing camps and clinics as approved
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and communications with students, colleagues, university staff, alumni, donors, and general public.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of training and experience, is necessary plus 4 years of relevant experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of water polo coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Experience with fiscal management and daily operations of an intercollegiate athletics department preferred.
- Strong organizational, management and communications skills with attention to detail are necessary.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Athletics Sub-Family Coaching Stream Management Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM w/some nights and weekends Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006413 Job Open Date: 06/15/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter