Research Program Associate, SON
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
This position will be responsible for the coordination of activities that support the effective management of sponsored and non sponsored research projects and activities within the School of Nursing. Specifically, the position requires the knowledge and skills for the coordination, development, supervision and oversight of research activities in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Research, the Associate Dean for Scholarship, Innovation, and Clinical Science, Finance Director and School Research Administrator (SRA). These responsibilities will facilitate and advance the school's research mission.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Assist the Associate Dean for Research with the overall day-to-day management of SON's research operations
• Assist with monitoring, measuring, and reporting of operational issues and opportunities within the projects/timelines.
• Lead the drafting and compiling of progress reports, grant supplements, and study-related protocols.
• Assist investigators with preparation and editing of grant submission, grant administration, and regulatory compliance.
• Train and supervise staff involved in the day to day research operations
• Lead planning and oversee operational success of research meetings, events and activities including collaboration activities with the central university offices
• Establish partnerships with researchers, vendors, NIH agencies, and other internal and external groups as needed for SON research mission and success.
• Independently identify, propose, and implement solutions to improve efficiencies for the department
• Identify requests for proposals, sponsors and other funding sources of possible interest to faculty
• Assist investigators and SRA with budgetary activities which include planning of study operations, assisting with budget preparations for both on-campus and off-campus operations, and budgetary oversight and allocation of funds.
• Maintains continual contact with Director of Finance and principal investigators (PIs) to advise on project related issues; ensures compliance with Federal and sponsor regulations and terms of award; and oversees compliance with all University policies and guidelines for sponsored projects
• Maintains familiarity with University policies and procedures and federal grant and contract regulations
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
• 2+ years of experience in research and/or research administration
• Strong editorial and writing skills preferred
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks
• Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others.
• Atrong organizational skills, attention to detail, be able to work independently and as part of a team, initiative, strong leadership skills, and an ability to work with multiple researchers
• Strong financial background including budget planning, accounting, finance, financial data processing, analysis and/or cost analysis
• Advanced proficiency with databases, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Oracle desired
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: School of Nursing Family Research Administration Sub-Family Research Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Weekdays (M-F) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006417 Job Open Date: 06/15/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter