Supervisor of Teacher Education
Open date: June 15th, 2017
Last review date: November 21st, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: November 22nd, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UC Irvine School of Education Supervisor of Teacher Education
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the School of Education may have a need for temporary, part time Supervisors for candidates in its teacher credential programs. The supervisor is responsible for observing and providing feedback to candidates in fieldwork or student teaching placements at elementary, middle school or high school classrooms, and attends professional development and faculty meetings.
Supervisors are assigned to teacher candidates in the following areas: (1) elementary grades, and (2) the following single subjects in middle and high school grades: Art, English, Mathematics, Sciences, and Social Science
Must have own transportation and be available to visit schools throughout Orange County to observe candidates during school day hours. Most supervisor positions require a 2 or 3 consecutive quarter commitment.
Annual full-time salaries will begin at a base rate of $53,402. Incumbent is paid per student supervised.
Must be credentialed teacher with recent public school experience and current knowledge of state curriculum standards.
Advanced academic degree; evidence of successful teaching in high-need, lower performing schools
Service Period Dates for 2017-2018 Academic Year:
Fall Quarter: 9/25/17 - 12/15/17
Winter Quarter: 1/3/18 - 3/23/18
Spring Quarter: 3/28/18 - 6/15/18
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04082 and must include:
- Cover letter must state the following: a) which supervision subject area(s) you are interested in; b) an explanation of your qualifications; and c) your availability (indicate which quarters).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three professional references
More information about UCI's School of Education can be found at: www.education.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://education.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Cover letter must state the following: a) which supervision subject area(s) you are interested in; b) an explanation of your qualifications; and c) your availability (indicate which quarters)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now