Data Analyst and Marketing Coordinator - College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Scienc
Data Analyst and Marketing Coordinator
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES),
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) at the University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating new knowledge, preparing students for addressing societal grand challenges and transforming their lives, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. One of our top priorities is to increase undergraduate enrollment by 33% by 2020 by integrating all recruitment efforts, communicating with all stakeholders, proactively connecting with high schools and Community Colleges, and developing programs for awareness of all ACES programs for future students and parents. We are looking for an innovative professional who can maintain and manage students' records and help marketing ACES academic programs to current and future students, alumni, parents through various social media for fulfilling the mission of ACES target enrollment.
SHORT DESCRIPTION SUMMARIZING POSITION FUNCTIONS
Manage and develop strategies for all student data in the College of ACES. Develop and grow marketing/PR program to promote College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES).
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide statistical data and information to assist Office of Academic Programs to interpret data analysis of recruitment strategies.
- Create action plans for the projects and initiatives from set data to the Office of Academic Programs
- Analyze student data and generate reports from AITS to track enrollments, schedules, class enrollments for the College of ACES. Execute critical evaluation of report metrics to ensure that recruitment and retention targets are being met.
- Collaborate with the Office of Academic Programs staff to implement strategies identified from data analysis to push the College of ACES brand globally.
- Oversee FERPA guidelines on compliance issues related to student data. This includes advising departments on how to respond on requests for student information.
- As directed by the Associate Dean, collaborate with faculty or other partners to design and implement surveys to assess the overall success of the strategic plan.
- Design and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for the Office of Academic Programs utilizing social media and mass marketing of materials (such as: brochures/handouts/display items/PowerPoint presentations, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Research trends in social media and keep up-to-date with the most efficient technologies.
- Direct and supervise tweets and Facebook announcements for the Office of Academic Programs.
- BS required (related to ACES) with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience working in a higher education environment
- Social media marketing skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid analytical and investigative skills
- Advanced Degree MS (related to ACES)
- Degree Audit System experience
- Knowledge of rules and regulation regarding student records, compliance issues with university policies.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with experience
APPOINTMENT STATUS: Regular, 100 % full time, academic professional appointment
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: As soon as possibility after the closing date
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your resume, a cover letter, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references by the close date of June 29, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Anne Stites at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance with the online application process, call 217-333-6747 or email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Data Analyst and Marketing Coordinator - College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (A1700365)
Open Date: 06/15/2017
Close Date: 06/29/2017
Organization Name: Academic Programs