Assistant Director of Talent Management, Talent Acquisition - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Ins
Assistant Director of Talent Management, Talent Acquisition
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois
Primary Position Function/Summary:
By soliciting and securing philanthropic funding and resources, Advancement is integral to the success of the academic priorities of the University's colleges, units, departments and programs.
This position serves as a member of the talent management group for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (OVCIA), and will play a critical role in leading proactive inbound and outbound recruitment strategies attract candidates and fill fundraising positions in OVCIA and campus units. Develop inclusive and effective recruitment practices and manage the talent acquisition process in order to attract and retain the most qualified candidates for advancement positions. Assist with the design and execution of a comprehensive talent management program for advancement staff, deans and directors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and coordinate inbound and outbound talent acquisition strategies to identify and engage candidates.
- Aid in recruitment for the OVCIA by attending conferences, utilizing social media, and other tools.
- Conduct individual meetings with prospective candidates in order to develop robust talent pipeline to full advancement opportunities.
- Develop proactive regional and national sourcing strategies to ensure that the search process is effective in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding prospective candidates for position openings.
- Serve as a liaison to unit hiring officials for which positions are being recruited and assist them with appropriate guidance throughout the search process.
- Ensure a positive experience for the candidates and work with appropriate unit staff to build itineraries for campus visits.
- Track metrics on candidate sourcing efforts and prepare reports on recruitment activity.
- Represent in diversity and inclusion initiatives; serve as Inclusive Illinois representative for OVCIA.
- Contribute to onboarding plans for new hires in conjunction with other talent management staff.
- Responsibility for coordinated check-ins during employees first 2 years.
- Represent the University of Illinois in peer networks aimed at developing and promoting best practices.
- Contribute to the overall activities of Talent Management for OVCIA.
- Serves in leadership role while onboarding all advancement new hires, providing them with resources and advice to be successful fundraisers.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of three years of experience in professional recruitment and/or fundraising development. Demonstrated success in cultivating, developing, and enhancing professional relationships.
Experience in or knowledge of higher education fundraising is preferred. Knowledge of federal/state labor laws and Human Resources best practices is preferred.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning searches and employee relations.
The ability to speak and write persuasively, listen effectively and engage in meaningful partnerships with both internal and external constituencies.
A commitment to advance diversity within advancement and across the campus and university.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by June 30, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Brenda Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Talent Management, Talent Acquisition - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1700369)
Open Date: 06/15/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement