RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
Anticipated one year position for a Research Technician II to assist with research on neural mechanisms involved in the control of immune responses against infections in C. elegans.
Successful candidate should have experience with neurology of C. elegans.
Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting laboratory tests, experiments and determinations in support of Duke University research operations.
- Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for
- Determine and set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate
- Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals and abstracts
- Confer with principal investigator to review work assignments and compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Physical, chemical, biological and other research laboratory tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes; develop plans for research experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular equipment as required.
- Other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Laboratory equipment required for specific tests.
- Obtain, prepare, mount and stain tissue, blood and other substances for microscopic examination.
- Performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.