Duties: Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Development for School and Center Annual Giving Support this position will provide administrative support in the areas of school and center annual giving. In particular, this position will work closely with all calling related annual giving activity. Other responsibilities include: event registration, generation of management reports, e-mail messaging/communication and gift processing. This will provide administrative support and as such, is responsible for general office duties. Maintain alumni database and assist in coordinating all projects related to supporting the annual fund programs in the schools and centers. i.e. calling program; report generation; data quality control and trouble-shooting etc.
* Provide administrative support to the school and center annual giving programs managed by this office - mail, calling, communication and other activity related to monthly AAG meetings.
* Using a customer service orientation or donor-centered approach to day-to-day activity: answer phones; respond to email and generally respond in a timely and professional manner.
* Student Calling Support: Attend weekly conference call meetings with UPenn and Ruffalo Noel Levitz (RNL) staff to coordinate and plan for student calling activity. Manage and track the credit card process for the calling efforts: i.e. delayed; recurring; one-time etc. Retrieve monthly downloads from RNL secure server and bring anomalies to the Director's attention.
* Oversee and the lead the data delivery between UPenn and Ruffalo Noel Levitz.
* Independently manage and delegate work to student employees assigning weekly tasks: pledge reminder processing, ATLAS updates and quality control; etc.
* Assist as a proofreader for direct marketing solicitations and stewardship correspondence.
* Update biographical records on ATLAS on a regular and timely basis.
* Compile, summarize data for, and generate reports reflecting related activity of alumni;
* Generate online reports routinely and on an as needed basis. Prepare and distribute management reports.
* Respond to alumni/volunteer inquiries based on guidance and information provided by University or Development and Alumni Relations. (DAR)
* Communicate and support communication between all DAR offices (Reports, Records, Alumni Relations) and other University offices i.e. Gifts Administration and Accounting
* Prepare adhoc and parameter reports via ATLAS reports or Qlikview for population segmentations
* Ability to generate mail merges and archive files in an organized fashion
* General office correspondence
* Handle gift transmittals and credit card processing when necessary
* Schedule and coordinate appointments and conferences; make travel arrangements
* Occasional weekend and evening hours are required
Qualifications: * H.S. required, an Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent is strongly preferred and 1 to 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; detail oriented
* Computer aptitude with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with experience in Excel or Qlikview a plus, and other database systems
* Ability to make sound judgments and meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and presentations simultaneously under tight deadlines required.
* Must have the ability to work as a team player and help provide support during events and/or activities when necessary
Reference Number: 90-26137
Salary Grade: 023
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: School and Center - Annual Giving
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative