DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING AND STEWARDSHIP
Duties: Reporting to the Vice Dean for Development and Alumni Relations, the director will conceptualize, manage and oversee the implementation of a strategic annual fundraising program to ensure the School meets established financial and participation goals. The director is responsible for strategy and management associated with increasing the number of donors at all annual giving levels at Penn GSE. Tasked with structuring an annual giving program that utilizes both print and digital strategy to support significant growth in participation to the fund from alumni and friends. Actively encourages the cultivation and solicitation of leadership gifts at the $2,500 -- $100,000 level.
The Director acts as a vital management, planning, and strategy partner to the Vice Dean for Development and Alumni Relations. He/she is responsible for managing a select portfolio of approximately 50 donors and potential prospects, and determining the most effective strategy to engage prospects in giving. He/she will manage the Class Giving Campaign and will conceptualize and launch a young alumni giving club and at a future date, a leadership giving club.
S/he will meet core and partnership values of teamwork, integrity, accountability, and respect.
1. Design and implementation of the annual operating and long-term strategy and goals for the program. Support of all planning, project work, stewardship and fundraising related to annual giving success.
2. Responsible for the production of the Annual Report and select Development reports.
3. Work closely with the Communications Office to enhance and update content for the development and annual giving sections of the school's website and actively participate in digital and print pieces for the annual giving program and development.
4. Assist with the design and implementation of the yearly and long-term leadership annual giving stewardship strategy and goals for the program and the team. Support all overall planning and project work related to the fundraising success of the team.
5. Develop and manage of a portfolio of up to 50 prospects: The portfolio will be made up of current donors and potential donors, alumni and friends of the School. Conduct donor meetings and direct leadership asks annually. The portfolio work includes regional and domestic coverage, as necessary.
6. Responsibility for all annual giving societies for Penn GSE including member recruitment, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Lead the planning and execution of events and programming for the giving societies.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required as well as 3-5 years of progressive experience with annual fundraising, marketing, concept, design, and implementation. Volunteer management experience preferred. Experience in higher education is highly desirable. The successful candidate must also have strong organizational and analytical skills to identify areas of opportunity and manage operational efficiency as well as excellent writing and presentation skills; strong attention to detail; and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be creative, persuasive, and tactful with strong organizational skills and an ability to work with multiple projects in a high volume, high demand (but highly collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented) environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity databases. Availability to travel. Some evening and weekend hours required throughout the year to staff Reunions and other Development and Alumni Relations events. Valid drivers license.
Reference Number: 90-26119
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing