Architecture and Infrastructure - APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Vacancy ID S2133 Job Title APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR Department Architecture and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Digital Instruction and Information Services Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 09/05/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:30am Normal End Time 5:00pm Position/Job Summary
Responsible for application software and systems integrations for campus information systems to include installation, configuration, patching, upgrades and maintenance of database, middle-tier, and application software. Implement single sign-on service for applications, and proactively address software problems including developing maintenance policies and procedures. Work in collaboration with information technology staff to maintain and operate clustered and load balanced hardware/software environments across multiple platforms, and on the integration of college wide computing environments. Manage the design, installation, upgrade, maintenance and troubleshooting of network systems on multiple technologies.
1. Develop and maintain a high level of expertise of the supported Ithaca College computing systems, computer software products, network, and computing environments.
2. Maintain the technical operation of production, pre-production, development, and test environments application middle-tier services.
3. Work with application owners to design, build, and maintain tools and utilities that improve the operation, automation, and administration of systems, applications, and operational tasks.
4. Establish common patterns and sets standards for application logging (business event versus system or technical logging) error handling, and process instance recovery.
5. Assist with deploying data and data model code into all life-cycle environments.
6. Assist software developers with dynamic application features such as authentication, authorization, auditing, configuration management, or debugging middle-tier applications.
7. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
8. Assist with product upgrades, capacity and performance management, monitor and tune platform usage, benchmark performance testing, core integrations, and access, security and infrastructure support.
9. Support the solution through implementation, configuration, custom scripting, and application deployments. Script in DOS and UNIX and include explanatory comments within the code.
10. Support and troubleshoot middleware tools interacting with Java/J2EE and ORACLE databases.
11. Support and integrate middleware into database application systems.
12. Assist with developing and executing test procedures and documenting test results.
13. Document detailed, accurate and complete step by step instructions for technical tasks. Follow and improve on written work flow processes and policies.
Bachelor's Degree in computer or business related field and two years of experience in application software, systems, or database administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience with scripting in DOS and UNIX, automating system and tool monitoring/logging, and deployment and problem-solving applications in such as WAR, JAR and EAR formats; knowledge of web authentication and authorization system, LDAP, AD, and single sign-on technologies ; familiarity with XML files, ETL data movement strategies, PL/SQL scripts, and SDLC development; excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment are required. Experience with Banner, MariaDB, Java, Git, and Docker is preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description
Digital Instruction and Information Services is the college's central information technology organization, providing a full-breadth of IT-related services to the campus. The department of 65 full time professionals and 95 student employees is a fast-paced environment, working on numerous priorities to ensure support for the campus technology needs.
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $65,000 to $70,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation (3)
- Digital Video Recording
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).