University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The selected candidate will be responsible for directing process development and cGMP manufacturing of cell therapy and regenerative medicine products at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility (GBF). This position will also involve significant interaction with prospective users of the facility as well as promotion of the facility's services. This position requires experience in process development and manufacturing of cell therapy products in a cGMP manufacturing setting.
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or similar experience.
- Expertise in tissue/cell process optimization, cell isolation and purification, cell expansion and scale-up, tissue/cell preservation and storage culture of cell-based therapeutics.
- A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of applicable cGMP regulations.
- Experience in the preparation of investigational New Drug (IND) applications, and in obtaining FDA approval for INDs.
- Experience working in a product realization role in a regulated pharmaceutical environment including biotech startup environment is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09938
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carmen Garcia
Posting Contact Email: Carmen.Garcia@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00634716