The Department seeks an individual with content knowledge of best practices in Elementary Education and expertise in Elementary Literacy. The candidate must provide evidence of demonstrated excellence in teaching and/or field supervision in undergraduate/graduate programs. Preference will be given for applicants with a background in English as a Second Language and/or Special Education.
Highly Desired Competencies
- Knowledge of and experience with inclusive elementary programs;
- Undergraduate teaching;
- Teacher education accreditation processes;
- Partnerships with schools;
- Teacher candidate supervision
- Earned Master of Arts in education, elementary education, literacy, ESL, Special Education or highly related field.
- Background in ESL, Special Education or highly related field. Experience working with teacher candidates in school sites/partner schools. Demonstrated excellence in teaching and/or field supervision in undergraduate/graduate teacher education courses. Familiarity with standards-based curricula and performance-based teacher education. Accreditation experience. Demonstrated excellence in teaching and/or field supervision. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others, such as co-teaching experience, shared roles in committee or professional organizations, etc. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice and inclusive education. Demonstrated interest in rural education. Experience using technology to enhance educational experiences and access for students pursuing teacher preparation
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications must be submitted through CU Careers. Applications received through surface mail or email will not be considered. Position is open until filled. Applications received by June 29, 2017 will receive full consideration. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. Please submit the following: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), and Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40041 - EDUC-Cntr for Self Determinatn
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Katie Anderson-Pence
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00734337