Clinical Programs Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Department of Hospital Medicine
Clinical Programs Coordinator
Position # 00734896 - Requisition 09959
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Department of Hospital Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Programs Coordinator position.
The Clinical Programs Coordinator, under the guidance of the Hospital Medicine Group (HMG) Section Manager and Director of Clinical Operations (DCO), and reporting directly to the Section Manager, coordinates the day-to-day operations of HMG clinical programs, ensuring that the programs are in compliance with the rules and regulations of the School of Medicine (SOM), Department of Medicine (DOM), CU Medicine and the University of Colorado and the UCHealth System. This position coordinates and supports the programmatic endeavors for clinical programs and operations including: logistics, recruitment and on-boarding, financial coordination, ad-hoc reporting, event management, and evaluation in support of the Hospital Medicine Group and Division of General Internal Medicine's (GIM) mission and goals. The Clinical Programs Coordinator serves as a liaison, independently interpreting and coordinating program needs, policies, and procedures pertaining to HMG clinical operations and programs; and makes recommendations relative to program management, logistics, funds and resources, marketing and recruiting. Additionally, this role provides excellent internal/external customer service at all levels and establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with Hospital Medicine Director, Faculty and Staff, Section Manager, DCO and Assistant Directors of Clinical Operations (ADCO), School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency Program (IMRP), CU Medicine and University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) Administration and Hospital Managers.
Examples of Work Performed
Coordinate and analyze Hospital Medicine Group (HMG) clinical programs (80%):
- Coordinate, administer and support the day-to-day operations and program-related initiatives and endeavors for select HMG programs and processes:
- Data Management & Reporting: Coordinate and enhance tracking systems; manage projected and actual FTE and Day Shift Equivalent (DSE) allocations and tracking for physicians and advance practice providers, daily patient census, annual encounters, RVUs, billing data, clinical outcomes data for internal HMG dashboards and external OPPE reporting, EPIC patient lists and reporting, and other data reporting as requested.
- Schedules: Manage and produce faculty schedules via Qgenda software platform. Ensure Amion is update to date and schedules are posted in a timely manner, coordinating non-hospitalist attending coverage on wards and scheduling with the Internal Medicine Residency Program. Serve as primary point of contact for schedules-related questions and act as liaison with Qgenda.
- Financial: Reconcile clinical operations budget expenses monthly, provide regular updates on expenses to Section Manager and DCO, assist in preparation for quarterly budget reconciliation meetings (i.e. billing data, monthly financials, revenue cycle reports, etc...)
- Marketing: Manage and update clinical program information on HMG website, participate in development of HMG annual report. Research marketing opportunities as needed.
- Logistics: Facilitate clinical planning, FTE and DSE tracking, program logistics, faculty highlights, and meetings led by the DCO, ADCOs and Section Manager related to clinical operations.
- Event Coordination: Oversee coordination of clinical program meetings and events (i.e. quarterly nights/swing meetings, twilighting orientations, service line director meetings).
- Customer Service: Serve as primary clinical operations contact for internal and external inquiries.
- Stakeholders: Collaborate with all Clinical Programs Directors, UCHA Administration, Patient Placement/Hospital Managers, CU Medicine and other internal or external contacts, as needed.
- Recruitment and On-boarding: Partner with HMG HR Program Manager to on- board and orient new faculty, coordinate mid-year new faculty check-in, assist in recruitment efforts, as needed.
- Procurement: Oversee and coordinate all clinical programs procurement needs (i.e. events, continuing education, supplies, travel, conference registration, expense reimbursements, Qgenda invoice processing, etc...).
- Policy Updates: Partner with HMG Section Manager, DCO and HR Program Manager to update and revise faculty and staff handbook annually.
- Assist in the development of processes and internal controls to streamline and ensure best practices for HMG Clinical Programs.
- Assist the DCO, ADCOs, Service Line Directors and other HMG clinical program leaders (as needed) in strategic planning; coordinate, analyze and make recommendations related to current and new Hospital Medicine Clinical Programs.
- Analyze, interpret, and maintain knowledge of procedures, regulations and polices established by the University, UCHA, HMG and/or other external entities as they relate to HMG programs.
- Monitor and assist in creation of annual Clinical Operations budget in partnership with the DCO and Section Manager:
- Regularly verify and reconcile clinical operations financial statements; track and analyze clinical operations budget and expenditures
- Make recommendations for cost savings/spending pertaining to current and future educational programs; prepare cost projections, as needed
- Responsible for all procurement related activities for HMG clinical programs.
- Prepare reports as needed for the leadership using a variety of systems and software to manage and monitor program records.
- Coordinate coverage of all Hospitalist Additional Pay Services.
- Participate in ongoing training for specific skills including (but not limited to): procurement and expense management, CU Medicine Programs: COR360, MyBI, mFIN
Provide administrative support for the HMG (20%):
- Provide administrative support for the HMG as needed:
- Faxes, phone calls and mail
- Customer service
- Letters of reference
- Maintaining supplies
- Copying / scanning
- Special projects and miscellaneous job-related duties as requested by the HMG Director, DCO or Section Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (four years of higher education program management experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree)
- At least 1 year of related, professional work experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with program and/or project coordination.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis but not for the specific experience.
- Experience working in an academic and/or healthcare environment
- Experience coordinating clinical programs, projects, processes and/or initiatives
- Experience coordinating budgets and procurement activities
- Experience using Qgenda, Amion, EPIC, MyBI, AX, CU Marketplace, Concur Travel & Expense
- Some medical knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge and general understanding of university curriculum/education and professional development programs.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, students, alumni, industry and the public.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting and financial principles and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, residents, students, alumni, and administrative personnel at all levels including outside organizations and the public.
- A demonstrated ability to organize and complete complex projects and to work under tight deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and respond to support customer needs and requests in a professional, timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, organized
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and critically think
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Sami Campbell at Samara.Campbell@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by June 23, 2017 Those who do not apply by June 23, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sami Campbell
Posting Contact Email: Samara.Campbell@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00734896