Access Services Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Academic Services Professional (Entry Level)
Access Services Specialist
Health Sciences Library-Access Services Department
Position # 732851
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Health Sciences Library/Access Services Department has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Access Services Specialist position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Access Services Department of the Health Sciences Library (HSL) exists to meet the information needs of health science faculty, staff, and students and other library users. This includes opening/closing of the library; circulation of materials; customer services desk for questions and user support with equipment and technologies in the library; interlibrary loan borrowing and document delivery services; event management support and scheduling; information assistance, answering & triaging reference questions; support to the IT, AV and room support and education needs of library users. Access Services also engages in advertising and marketing of services and supports the outreach activities of the library and its committees. This position in particular will help the faculty in Access Services and the department develop outcomes-based, user-centric assessment of services via ongoing collection of user feedback especially from campus student users.
The position is primarily responsible for managing the library's participation in statewide Prospector resource sharing program. Works very closely with Access Services Managers to provide high quality, efficient and customer-driven support model to the scheduling of various rooms by University groups using the Event Management System for library spaces. Opens the library on Sundays working closely with other weekend staff and student employees, spot-checking the library's AskUs reference system and providing up to four hours per week of online AskUs coverage.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 34,106 to $ 40,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Library Sciences, English, Communication or a closely related field.
Experience working in a library that included providing service to library patrons, utilizing library systems, etc. may substitute for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to bend, stoop and kneel on a frequent basis with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to walk and stand for long periods of time on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Two years' experience working in library service area with appropriate automated systems, such as:
- Circulation, interlibrary loan, or information reference assistance and answering diverse array of questions in a library setting
- Integrated Library Management System (ILS or ILMS such as Innovative, ALMA, Polaris, etc.)
- Experience instructing library patrons on how to begin library research processes, use of electronic databases, use of computerized catalog systems, the Internet, and print resources.
- Interest in and some basic experience with event management workflows and services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors and document procedures in written form;
- Willingness to learn and attain proficiency and competencies in troubleshooting problems with and educating library users about best practices, options and configuration of library or personal equipment and technologies used in public spaces of the library, e.g. instructing users in use of library's circulating laptops or other electronic user gadgets;
- Proficient with both Windows PC operating system and Apple MAC operating system; Comfortable and proficient with MS Office suite and other software;
- Beginning to intermediate skills using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel (to maintain statistics, data, and information), and Word (to develop, edit and update reports, handouts and correspondence).
- Knowledge of utilizing library search tools to search and retrieve information from electronic databases and computer systems;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds which also includes experience working with internal and external contacts, such as students, staff, faculty, vendors, or publishers;
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines; problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and project; meet multiple deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision;
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with co-workers, and maintain good working relations at all times.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Tanya Tamim firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to complete applications received by June 22, 2017. Those who do not apply by June 22, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20570 - AVC-OARS Medical Library
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tanya Tamim
Posting Contact Email: Tanya.Tamim@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732851