University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Espinosa Laboratory in the Cancer Division of the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking independent and creative postdoctoral fellows. The Espinosa Lab utilizes an integrated system of functional genomics and mechanistic studies aimed at making biological discoveries with clear translational potential. Most of our current studies are focused on harnessing the power of pleiotropic transcription factors for cancer treatment.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to work independently within a research lab
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture
Desired or preferred:
- 3 years mammalian tissue culture experience
- Experience with rodent models
- Experience with generation and analysis of genomic sequence data
- Experience with standard bioinformatics tools
- Experience with statistical programming, such as R
- RT/quantitative PCR
- Western blotting
- RNA interference
- CRISPR / genome editing
- Lenti/retroviral production and transduction
- Flow cytometry
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09942
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20120 - SOM - Pharmacology
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Orsund
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00633012