University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement
Position #732281 - Requisition 09947
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Advancement on the Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Development Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement at the Anschutz Medical Campus helps move CU forward by matching benefactor passions with university priorities and initiatives. Charged with raising millions of dollars each year to support education, research and clinical care, we forge relationships and foster connections among CU's faculty, staff, students and community to advance CU Anschutz's dual promise of delivering the best health care in the world today while reinventing the health care of tomorrow.
We are a hardworking and energetic team of 48 (and growing) fundraising, donor relations and administrative professionals, who are positive, collaborative and benefactor-focused. We welcome you to apply to become part of our team.
Under minimum supervision, this position performs tasks of Administrative Assistant III and may provide functional guidance to clerical staff. Supports 3-4 staff members. Makes administrative decisions and takes action in the manager's absence. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Is a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues. Applies skills and knowledge in multiple functions. Responsibilities must include a distinct development component not ordinarily contained in an Administrative Assistant position, such as grant proofreading, preparation and submission. Distinguished from Executive Assistant in that incumbent reports to a high level manager, but not a Foundation Vice President.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Performs a distinct development function, such as grant proofreading, preparation and submission.
- Provides administrative support functions, such as answering and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, establishing and maintaining files, document management, maintaining office equipment, copies and faxes requested documents, resolving hardware and software issues with for staff, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels, etc.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks. Makes travel arrangements (which may include detailed itineraries reflecting appointments with donors), schedules meetings and appointments, and maintains calendars to ensure efficient time management.
- Assists donor relations and event staff with calendar management, expense reimbursement, and data entry relative to contacts and activities as needed. Coordinates actions, questions, and decisions between manager and others.
- Assists donor relations and event staff in fund agreement routing and stewardship activities. Utilizes data from central database to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generates and refines downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by donor relations staff.
- Responsible for event preparation including but not limited to; compiling and organizing invite lists, point of contact for and tracking of RSVP's, event attendance upload to Advance database, assistance with event set up and break down, preparing nametags for event guests, managing registration process etc.
- Completes new account forms, routing and following-up on forms and fund agreements to ensure required approval signatures obtained in timely manner. Processes donor checks and gifts, completes routing and tracking forms, generates appropriate acknowledgments. Updates donor database with notes, strategic plans, contact reports, tasks, etc. to ensure most current and relevant information is available. Shares information with other team members. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies daily regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds.
- Prepares routine and non-routine correspondence, including but is not limited to acknowledgments downloads and first time donor acknowledgments.
- Mail fund agreements, donor gifts and other items at the request of the donor relations team.
- Generates department accounts payable vouchers, verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged. May assist in preparation and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Acts as liaison between the Foundation and the University regarding questions, research information, reports, and operations.
- Serves as one of three department approvers for conference/event room reservation system (EMS).
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $41,496 to $43,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Three years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience.
Conditions of Employment: Must of willing and able to work after hours and/or weekends for donor related functions periodically.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. The target state date for this position is July 17th, with further discussions of the hire date occurring at the time of offer.
- Professional experience working in non-profit, events, and/or development/fundraising.
- Professional experience making travel arrangements.
- Experience using donor database software, such as Advance, or a similar software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Internet navigation tools with proven knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software, email, and internet access software.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is June 20, 2017.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21560 - ADM-EVC Foundation Anschutz
Posting Date: Jun 15, 2017
Closing Date: Jun 20, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732281