Part-Time Police Officer I
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
In order to comply with federal export control regulation, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee to be considered for this position.
Proof of education required upon hire.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas, a member of the Texas A&M University System, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator and is committed to excellence through diversity.
Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report:
Texas A&M -Central Texas (TAMCT) is committed to assisting all members of the TAMUCT community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including the Jeanne Cleary Campus Safety Report is available at: https://www.tamuct.edu/departments/security/index.php.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report, or reports from previous years, you may stop by the University Police Department located at Founder's Hall, Room 103 or you may request that a hard copy be mailed to you by calling (254) 501-5801.
Posting Number 014N
Position Title Part-Time Police Officer I
Work Site Location Killeen
Duration of Position Non-Budgeted- PT
Salary Minimum $12.36/hr
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Police Officer, under general supervision, provides specialized professional law enforcement skills by giving service, information and aid to citizens as circumstances require, preventing crime, suppressing disturbances, investigating criminal offenses, and arresting offenders.
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One year of related experience.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) basic certification. Must have a State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator's license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
• All system university police will be required to meet minimum licensing standard requirements as required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) § 217.1.
• Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
• Must successfully pass psychological evaluation, physical examination, and complete background investigation to include but not limited to driving history, criminal background, and credit history.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Various rotating shifts
Posting Date 06/14/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link http://www.tamuctjobs.com/postings/1524
Proposed Job Duties
On this screen, please list in order of importance, and in detail, the job function and duties assigned to this position and estimate the percentage of time given to each function.
Percent of total time 100 Responsibility / Duty
• Patrols designated areas to prevent, discover, and deter the commission of crime, to enforce criminal law, to direct traffic, and to enforce motor vehicle operation and parking regulations.
• Responds to calls and complaints involving fire, automobile accidents, disturbances, assaults, robberies, and other felonies and misdemeanors.
• Interacts with the public on a day-to-day contact, provides assistance to other law enforcement, community departments, or local agencies.
• Secures crime scenes, conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witness statements, apprehends suspects, makes arrests, and transports offenders.
• Enforces criminal and traffic laws as well as University rules and regulations.
• Takes the appropriate action necessary in accordance with rules, regulations, and policies, Federal, State, and local laws.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience?
- * Do you have one year of related experience?
- * Do you have a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) certificate?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application