Director of Compliance
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Athletics, the Director of Compliance is responsible for
assisting with institutional control in all phases of the compliance program with NCAA, SSC, and University regulations.
In addition to a resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Cover letter
Assist with NCAA and SSC compliance:
- Advise student athletes, coaches, and staff on NCAA and SSC rules and requirements
- Monitors and assists with maintaining effective operating procedures and administrative systems to ensure institutional compliance with NCAA, SSC, and University regulations
- Coordinates prospective student athlete participation paperwork and maintains current and former student athlete files
- Assists with monitoring of progress toward degree, eligibility and certification
- Coordinates continuing eligibility to include all progress toward degree requirements
- Coordinates data for all NCAA academic progress and monitoring reports
- Assists Associate Athletic Director by coordinating and monitoring staff, recruitment activities, Countable Athletically Related Activities and seasons of competition certification per NCAA and university policy.
- Monitors all recruiting activity, initial eligibility certification, and continuing eligibility certification.
- Coordinates all forms and documents used in the certification of initial and continuing eligibility.
- Assists with the process and maintenance of all National Letter of Intent documents and all Conference Letter of
Intents and financial aid documents.
- Attends all NCAA and SSC meetings related to compliance and rules education.
- Monitors the eligibility of all student-athletes to practice, compete and receive athletically related aid.
- Work with the NCAA's Eligibility Center to ascertain confirmation of initial eligibility and amateur status.
- Collect data from various departments and sources to coordinate and submit various SSC and NCAA reports.
- Field telephone calls from student-athletes, various departments and parents involving compliance.
- Assist with processing waivers on the student-athletes behalf to the SSC and NCAA.
- Assist with the reporting and processing of violations to the SSC and NCAA.
- Assists and approves all aspects of camps and clinics to include marketing brochures, advertisement and
employment of prospective student-athletes, awards and attendance restrictions.
- Assists in the process of scholarship renewals, increases, decreases and cancellations.
- Assist with rules education trainings/seminars to all Athletic Department Staff.
- Assist with inquiries and investigations of potential rule violations as needed.
- Assists with Tryout Paperwork Clearance in conjunction with Head Athletic Trainer.
- Assist with the monitoring of awards and benefits received by student-athletes.
- Assist with the monitoring of student-athlete amateurism.
Other administrative and special projects to support the department of Intercollegiate Athletics:
- Assist with EADA, Title IX, SSC, and NCAA annual reports (e.g. graduation rates, ASR, etc.)
- Duties as assigned
Provide Lead Direction of Others
- Assistant Director of Compliance
- Student workers
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of NCAA compliance experience or equivalent internship
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to rapidly acquire a general knowledge of the overall operation, functions and programs of the campus.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply program rules, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to use sound professional judgment and professional problem solving skills with student-athletes, staff, and faculty.
- Skilled in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to create, utilize and maintain effective compliance systems.
- Ability to provide effective training, advising and rules education for student-athletes, staff and coaches on NCAA compliance
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, Saint Leo University administrators, students, private and public agencies and others in committee work, and student advising, and community contacts.
- Ability to work independently under general direction related to goals of the athletic program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a diverse population, with student athletes, and their parents.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills for start-up processes and efficient delivery of information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to handle sensitive situations.
- Ability to work in a multi-function office with constant interruption and change of direction.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, email, Internet web site.
- Ability to train interns, volunteers and/or student-assistants and monitor their work.
- Ability to handle confidential situations and documentation.
- Possess commitment to the principles of diversity and multiculturalism
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA and SSC rules.
- Proficient with all process as and facets of ARMS Software related to compliance.
Job ID 2017-1495
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo