University of Colorado DenverAnschutz Medical Campus
Position #303198 - Requisition #09216
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of the Registrar has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Associate Registrar for Enrollment and Registration Services position.
The Office of the Registrar at The University of Colorado Denver is student-centered and intensely focused on the integrity, accuracy and security of academic records. The person hired as Associate Registrar for Enrollment and Registration Services will share our passion for delivering quality enrollment and support services to our students and our university through collaboration and the integration of technology. The Office of the Registrar is a leader in the efforts to grow campus enrollment and staff members have the opportunity to be change agents in that effort. We are a welcoming community focused on student success and enhancing our services.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Associate Registrars are responsible for working closely with the Registrar to manage the department or specific areas of the department. These positions recommend strategy, have responsibility for fiscal and/or human resources and have the authority to act on the Registrar's behalf.
This position will be leading a large team in the areas of enrollment, registration, customer service, tuition classification, and other related student services. This position will actively participate in the Registrar's Executive Leadership Team to develop campus-wide strategic plans related to those assigned areas. This position is responsible for researching and drafting campus-wide policies and developing business procedures in order to ensure campus-wide compliance with university policies, state and federal regulations and service to students. This includes the coordination of the vetting process to gain feedback from constituents in the academic units and other campus constituents that will be directly impacted by new or changing policies or procedures. This role will provide leadership and supervision for areas to include enrollment, registration, customer service, tuition classification, transcript services, grading, and related services that includes, but is not limited to work in policy creation/editing, strategic planning, budgeting, problem solving, business process design, and infrastructural decision-making.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $56,813 to $70,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, business, public administration, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including oversight of student services functions and supervision of staff in a higher education environment.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in student affairs, student personnel services, higher education, education, business, public administration, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience establishing, reviewing, and communicating policy
- Experience using Peoplesoft Campus Solutions or similar student information system
- Experience working in an Office of the Registrar in a higher education environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to student service and success.
- Ability to make independent decisions and solve a full range of issues that are impacted by university policies, and state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement direction for the assigned area and ensure alignment with the department, Division of Student Affairs, and university strategic goals.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Carlos Miron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 1, 2017.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30041 - AVCASA-SA Rg Records/Registra
Posting Date: Apr 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00303198