Production Supervisor - Salinas, CA
Summary: Responsible for supervising production line crews and distribution personnel to support company policies and operating procedures. To be successful, this position must assure continuous improvement and consistently achieve operation effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Provides leadership to support to company policies, operating methods and standards.
Supervise strawberry tray production and distribution operations to assure optimum customer service.
Establishes daily priorities to assure acceptable operating performance.
Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station continuity employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
Coordinate with Production Management for appropriate staffing levels and schedule and conduct shift crew meetings.
Responsible to meet shift production goals and implemented LEAN Based activities to improve production efficiencies.
Responsible for product line quality assurance and conform to market requirements. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product
outside of specifications.
Communicate with other Operations Manager and employees.
Ensure a clean and safe work area.
Complete Production Paper work.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Follows corporate Quality and GMP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
This job directly supervises all strawberry production and distribution personnel to assure optimum customer service.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Intelligence: Demonstrate ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
• Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems and opportunities.
• Judgment/Decision Making: Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision making.
• Creativity: Generates new (creative) approaches to problems or original modifications (innovations) to established approaches.
• Integrity: Does not ethically cut corners. Remains consistent in terms of what one says and does and in terms of behavior toward others. Earns trust of coworkers, maintains confidences and puts organization's interests above self.
• Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budges in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively juggles multiple projects. Anticipates reasonable contingencies. Pays reasonable attention to detail. Manages personal time well.
• Adaptability: Flexes to new pressures from competition, loss of talent, new priorities. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities.
• Likability: Puts people at ease. Warm, sensitive, and compassionate, Builds and maintains trusting relationships with all constituencies (associates, customers, community, professional organizations).
• Listening: "Tunes in" accurately to the opinions, feelings, needs of people. Understands impact of one's behavior on others. Empathetic, patient. Lets others speak; listens actively, "playing back" a person's point of view.
• Customer Focus: Regularly monitors customer satisfaction. Meets internal and external customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer.
• Communications-Oral: Communicates effectively one to one, in small groups, and in public speaking contexts. Keeps people informed.
• Diversity: Achieves diverse workforce at all levels for effectiveness and legal compliance. Actively breaks down barriers to diversity; visibly fights discrimination.
• Running Meetings: Demonstrates ability to organize and run effective meetings.
Additional Leadership Competencies
• Vision: Provides clear, credible vision for the future when strategy is successfully implemented.
• Change Leadership: Actively intervenes to create and energize positive change. Can cite specific examples of moving organizations through major change. Leads by example.
• Inspiring Followership: Through whatever combination of competencies, inspires people to follow the lead. Minimizes intimidation and threat. Takes charge. Motivates by pushing appropriate "hot buttons" for individuals.
• Conflict Management: Exhibits understanding of natural sources of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them. When conflicts emerge, effectively works them through to optimum outcome. Does not suppress, ignore or deny conflict.
• Energy: Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, appropriately high dedication level.
• Passion: Exhibits dynamism, enthusiasm, charisma, excitement, positive "can-do" attitude.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing software; Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months to one to year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in both the agriculture and manufacturing industries is a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly required to stand; regularly required to walk; occasionally required to sit; regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; rarely required to climb or balance; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; regularly required to talk or hear; never required to taste or smell.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Never exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; Never exposed to work in high, precarious places; Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; Never exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Never exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); Never exposed to extreme heat (non-weather); Regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock; Never exposed to work with explosives; Never exposed to risk of radiation; Occasionally exposed to vibration.
Level of Noise of the work environment is:
• Loud noise
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 6,000 highly skilled green collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by harvesting the urban forest.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 16:41:49 PDT