Safety Manager, Statesville NC
Position Title: Safety Manager
Reports To: General Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and develop company safety programs.
• Investigate incidents, monitor medical care and manage workers compensation activities. This includes interaction with insurance carrier, inquiries from doctors and health care providers and management of each claim to ensure cost containment
• Provide corporate safety with timely communication of all accidents and other pertinent safety related issues.
• Act as resource to site management on safety/health issues that may arise.
• Conduct (lead) safety inspections.
• Conduct safety meetings.
• Develop and deliver employee safety training programs.
• Conduct new-hire safety orientation program.
• Assist in the hiring and interviewing of production personnel as related to safety requirements.
• Monitor light duty program: develop jobs; communicate with physician/doctor, etc.
• Complete and maintain all paperwork with regards to work-related incidents.
• Assist with the purchasing safety equipment and systems.
• Responsible for facility fire protection systems and subsequent training.
• Prepare legal notices, postings, and reports as required by government and regulatory agencies.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Safety/Environmental related field.
3-5 years' experience in the Safety/Environmental field in the manufacturing industry.
Bi-Lingual is a plus
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Product and machinery specifications
Computer data entry
Quality standards --- (e.g. ISO 9001/2000 and EMS 14001)
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 6,000 highly skilled green collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty states. The company operates four of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by harvesting the urban forest.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Sun, 11 Jun 2017 09:58:45 PDT