Web Developer and Content Manager
Web Developer and Content Manager
IT Specialist IV
Provost-Gen - 110000
Is this an internal posting only?
The Office of the Provost is responsible for UNT's academic mission, including teaching and service. The provost's office provides leadership in the development and supervision of the university's academic programs and curriculum in conjunction with the deans and faculty representatives. Additionally, the provost's office collaborates with the Office of Research and Economic Development in promoting faculty and student scholarship.
The Office of the Provost at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Web Developer and Content Manager (IT Specialist IV) to join our team. The main focus of this position is web page development.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develops webpages and online web forms that are visually appealing and provide valuable content using the latest platforms.
* Provides ongoing maintenance, day-to-day editorial, and digital content for the office's website.
* Organizes static content (e.g., forms and reports) in a way that achieves user needs and engages various audiences.
* Performs user research, conducting usability tests, measuring lead user and target audience satisfaction, analyzing metrics, and recommending data-driven changes.
* Develops and maintains web services documentation, including design documents, user guides, training material, and internal knowledge articles.
* Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for the successful operation of the Office of the Provost's website, mobile apps, and social media outlets. Ensures that web presence adheres to university design standards and collaborates with leadership in the Office of the Provost to manage content.
* Collaborate with other on-campus departments to ensure uniformity of design and information.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with web development in a higher education setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting