Associate Director of Recruitment
The Associate Director of Recruitment at Stevens Institute of Technology is responsible for assisting with strategic initiatives linked to admissions goals and objectives in addition to the management of the admissions team. The Associate Director performs a wide variety of admissions related activities that attract students and determines their admissibility to the university. This highly visible and critical role will regularly interact with upper level management and strategic partners. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, vibrant person who can effectively communicate with prospective students and interested parties to explain the college admission policies, procedures, and accurately answer questions. In addition, this position calls for an inspiring manager to galvanize and lead the recruitment team to collectively meet its goals. Travel to inform prospective students and guidance counselors of admission standards and policies, the programs of the university, and campus life is required. This is a full-time, year-round position in the Office of Admissions which reports directly to the Dean of Undergraduate Admissions.
The primary responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a strategic recruitment plan and yield activities to enhance enrollment of domestic students.
- Direct and manage recruitment efforts and campus events for strategic initiatives including but not limited to underrepresented minorities, females, business, and humanities & the arts.
- Assist with the development and execution of strategies linked to the application process and corresponding policies. Manage and create best operational practices pertaining to application process to further streamline critical functions and support application growth.
- Manage the domestic recruitment staff. Supervisory responsibilities include evaluating performance, assigning projects, managing schedules, overseeing recruitment budgets and initiatives, and facilitating staff meetings. Assist with staffing and hiring.
- Oversee recruitment territory including attending high school visits, college fairs, and associated on-campus or off-campus recruitment events.
- Interview applicants on campus and via skype or phone.
- Evaluate and make admissions recommendations for applications with assigned territory, in addition to final admissions decisions for domestic freshmen.
- Participation in weekend recruitment events, accepted student events, and interview dates.
- Manage the budget for domestic recruitment and yield activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four to six years of undergraduate admissions and/or recruitment experience or similar demonstrated background and industry knowledge
- Minimum of three years of supervisory and team management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Experience working with diverse, multicultural populations
- Experience reading and reviewing foreign credentials
- High attention to customer service
- High level of cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Organizational skills with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to oversee multiple responsibilities simultaneously while meeting individual territory, and department goals
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, and as necessary to assist with on campus events as well as recruiting duties off campus
- Valid driver's license
- Access to a dependable vehicle
- Masters degree
- Previous experience within a competitive higher education college admissions environment
- Budget management experience
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens' education and research programs for more than 140 years. Within the university's three schools and one college, more than 6,100 undergraduate and graduate students collaborate with more than 350 faculty members in an interdisciplinary, student-centric, entrepreneurial environment to advance the frontiers of science and leverage technology to confront global challenges. Stevens is home to three national research centers of excellence, as well as joint research programs focused on critical industries such as healthcare, energy, finance, defense, STEM education and coastal sustainability. The university is consistently ranked among the nation's elite for return on investment for students, career services programs and mid-career salaries of alumni. Stevens is in the midst of a 10-year strategic plan, The Future. Ours to Create, designed to further extend the Stevens legacy to create a forward-looking and far-reaching institution with global impact.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police