EVersity Instructional Designer
Posting Number NC681P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/18824
Working Title EVersity Instructional Designer
Position Number 15411
Department Vice President - Finance and Admin
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 26,700 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Based in Little Rock, Arkansas, the mission of the University of Arkansas System eVersity is to provide high-quality, accessible, affordable, online education relevant to the modern workplace. Faculty from across the University of Arkansas System will develop and deliver rigorous certificate and degree programs. Programs will include undergraduate, graduate, and non-credit bearing programs.
In addition to the eVersity, the UA System includes the state's 1871 flagship, land-grant research university; Arkansas's premier institution for medical education, treatment and research; a major metropolitan university; an 1890 HBCU land-grant university; two regional universities serving southern and western Arkansas; five community colleges; two schools of law; a presidential school; a residential math and science high school; and divisions of agriculture, archeology, and criminal justice.
Department Home Page http://eversity.uasys.edu
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The EVersity Instructional Designer analyzes and researches a faculty member's learning situation, expectations, learning outcomes, and other deliverables and identifies the necessary software, technology, and infrastructure required to meet those needs. This position consults with individual or groups of faculty on optimal design of curriculum and instruction and effective uses of multimedia; manages course projects from inception to completion; develops curriculum guides for courses and/or program components; designs and coordinates production of learning resources in variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and animation technologies to support curriculum offerings. The EVersity Instructional Designer will research new ways to assist faculty in the development of new teaching experiences. As technology and software development products advance, explore and make recommendations for multimedia software for use by faculty and others in the institution.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Master's degree in instructional design, curriculum design, instructional technology, educational technology or a related field from an accredited college or university
- At least two years of experience creating high-quality online courses and programs at the university level in collaboration with faculty members
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of adult learning theory, to include writing learning objectives and alignment of objectives to assessment outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional technology
- 1 year Experience/knowledge using open educational resource materials (both content-based and technology-based)
- Extensive knowledge of the Blackboard learning management system to include working with Blackboard building blocks as well as experience troubleshooting issues with Blackboard including working with HTML editor and content collection
- Advanced knowledge of audio and video planning, production, recording, editing, and publishing
- 2 years Experience/knowledge in Web 2.0 technologies and other software in online courses
- Demonstrated proficiency skills using instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective instructions for different pedagogical orientations
- Demonstrated ability (intermediate to expert knowledge) with software applications associated with instructional design such as; Articulate (studio suite, 360 or storyline 2), Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite or other equivalent web-design software
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and time efficiently, create and exercise initiative, work independently and in a team, work with great attention to detail
- Ability to use virtual meeting platforms (Adobe Connect, Bb Collaborate, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.)
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance at 479-575-4019.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Little Rock, AR - UA System Office
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 07/19/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact
Special Instructions Summary
Please note: Please provide a link to your online portfolio of course design work with your cover letter or resume. Additionally, a digital and/or print sample of your higher ed course design work will be requested for the interview process.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas System is an equal opportunity, a rmative action institution. The University System welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the rst day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Little Rock, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree in instructional design, curriculum design, instructional technology, educational technology, or a related field from an accredited college or university?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience creating high-quality online courses and programs at the university level in collaboration with faculty members?
- * Do you possess demonstrated functional knowledge of adult learning theory, to include writing learning objectives and alignment of objectives to assessment outcomes?
- * Do you possess extensive knowledge of the Blackboard learning management system to include working with Blackboard building blocks as well as experience troubleshooting issues with Blackboard including working with HTML editor and content collection?
- * Do you possess advanced knowledge of audio and video planning, production, recording, editing, and publishing?
- * Do you possess experience/knowledge in Web 2.0 technologies and other software in online courses?
- * Do you possess demonstrated proficiency skills using instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, storyboards, prototypes, etc?
- * Do you possess the demonstrated ability (intermediate to expert knowledge) with software applications associated with instructional design such as; Articulate (studio suite, 360 or storyline 2), Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite or other equivalent web-design software?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Portfolio (PDF - 10MB or less)
- Proof of Veterans Status