Director for Network Operations
Salary: $106,000 - $157,400
Title: Director for Network Operations
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Communication Services
Date Posted: 06/15/2017
Position Information: Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Communications will independently provide management, direction, planning, and leadership for the Communications Department of Information Technology Solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies.
Includes understanding of interaction of practical issues involving other functional areas.
Thorough knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications, computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software.
Extensive experience managing technical staff
Ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within a large and complex technical environment.
Requires advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility; with a thorough knowledge of the IT organization.
Clearly understands the needs of others and works to develop enhanced operating procedures to better meet the needs of the organization.
Extensive or advanced knowledge of subject area sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment and direction
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to large groups with potentially varied levels of technical sophistication.
Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across multiple units or departments.
Ability to manage, plan, and provide operational, leadership, and visioning to an organization providing voice and data services.
Knowledge of pressing security issues facing voice, data, and converged networks, and the ability and skills to provide timely solutions, standards, etc. to prevent and solve security challenges.
Extensive background (and commitment to) enabling inter-departmental teams that identify, assess, evaluate, resolve and document complex problems that span traditional departmental boundaries (especially relating to security, wireless networks, core network functions eg. DNS, DHCP, etc.).
Proven ability to make professional presentations to all levels of an organization.
Preferred Qualifications: A very extensive, in-depth knowledge of key networking issues (OSI model, intranet, internet, firewalls, Gigabit Ethernet, optical networks, etc).
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview