Lead Network Engineer
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
Under general supervision and as a member of UCR's Network Services team and in close collaboration with the Enterprise Infrastructure and Security Groups, provide highly technical network design, planning and analysis (including security and firewall), network hardware configuration and implementation, and network problem resolution. Serves a technical lead and manage project deadlines and resources for the network services engineering and operation members.
Clearly understands the communications and network needs of the organization and has skills needed to address those needs.
Has highly developed problem solving skills to independently resolve issues using defined parameters and technical expertise.
Understands implications of work on other areas.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
In-depth, advanced understanding of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including understanding of OSI layer 2 and 3 protocols at a complex level and related technical standards critical to the operation of interconnected networks.
Demonstrated ability to analyze highly complex communication hardware and software systems for maintaining a real-time resource that impacts campus / medical center / OP-wide network users.
Advanced knowledge of professional communications and network systems in the completion of diverse assignments.
Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Advanced knowledge of the practices and techniques of the voice and data field and the ability to determine a course of action based on guidelines.
Advanced knowledge and experience working with network management systems.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills of unique issues and problems.
Working knowledge of MPLS technologies including layer3 VRFs, Ethernet switching including 802.1q trunking, VLANS, DHCP snooping and ARP inspection.
Working knowledge and experience with large campus architectures with multiple borders, routed cores, numerous router terminated buildings, and multi-site locations.
Working knowledge of Data Center architectures with overlay technologies like VPLS and VxLAN.
Operational knowledge with DHCP, DNS, VoIP, CWDM, Mulitcast, and Firewalls and other network services provided in an internetworked environment.
Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, OSPFv3, eBGP, iBGP)
Knowledge and experience with Cisco operating systems ( IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR and NX-OS) and Cisco ASA products
Operational knowledge of lightweight wireless technologies and wireless bridging technologies.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview