Manager, Application and Platform Operations
8AM - 5PM
$105,000 - $125,500
The Manager of Application and Platform Operations reports directly to the Associate Director of Systems Engineering and is responsible for providing direct supervision to a technical team that supports the campus virtualization and cloud (public and private) platforms, devops toolchain used by application developers, automation systems, configuration management systems (puppet/ansible), monitoring and metrics gathering and third party (vendor delivered) enterprise applications.
Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
Has skills and abilities associated with managing the internal information systems functions, data communications network, and at a campus, medical center or Office of the President.
Has effective project management skill sets.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
Advanced knowledge of computer security best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing most complex server-based software.
Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution.
In-depth knowledge of how to apply technologies and systems to meet business needs.
General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
Familiarity with the VMWare virtualization platform.
Familiarity with public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Familiarity with hyper converged storage platforms such as Nutanix.
Familiarity with configuration management systems such as Puppet and Ansible.
Familiarity with the University of California, Riverside and the Information Technology Solutions Department.
Familiarity with database platforms such as Oracle and MSSQL.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview