Director of Media, Communications & Marketing for FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
Job ID: 41807
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 06/28/2017
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
The candidate selected will be a trusted leader able to communicate candidly with stakeholders and senior leadership in order to achieve marketing and communication goals. The Director of Marketing will be a persuasive communicator with excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills, producing materials for both web and print media and adapting information to a variety of target audiences.
Examples of responsibilities include:
• Manage, inspire and supervise the marketing, web and communication team. Leverage the existing skill sets to meet college marketing goals;
• Develop, implement, and manage the strategic marketing plan to consider timelines, plan implementation, include multi-channel campaigns that will address our diverse audiences;
• Work collaboratively with college leadership and stakeholders;
• Use targeted marketing strategies to support student recruitment efforts;
• Annually develop, propose, manage, and oversee marketing budget;
• Oversee all purchasing and vendor relations for marketing materials;
• Act as a brand manager.
Masters Degree and 6 years experience, or a Bachelor's degree and eight years of related experience in the following areas:(Note: Higher education may substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
-Progressively responsible experience directing marketing and/or communications efforts, preferably in higher education;
-Experience with project management in an organization that has multiple programs or departments;
-Proficiency and experience with multi-faceted marketing and communication mediums including social media;
-Experience with budget creation, development and management;
-Supervisory experience and responsibility.
• 7+ years’ work experience in higher education marketing and/or communications;
• Knowledge of public relations and public information strategies in higher education;
• Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or related subject.
For more information, email Janine Welch, Assistant Dean for Administration: email@example.com
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf