Requisition Number STA - 201000000500
Job Title Recruitment/Admissions Associate
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Recruitment/Admissions Associate .
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position contributes to increasing the population of college-ready admitted and enrolled undergraduate students through use of the of following methods: identifying and building a pool of prospective high school students within an assigned recruitment territory, developing a territory recruitment plan, coordinating travel schedules and completing assignments, and maintaining an aggressive campaign of written and telephone communication with prospective students and parents. This individual will assist with college ready initiatives aimed at increasing the preparation of high school students in conjunction with the offices of College Readiness and Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions. The individual in this position will:
- Identify, recruit, and contribute to increasing the population of college-ready admitted and enrolled undergraduate students.
- Manage an effective plan for recruiting in the assigned territory and schools;
- Coordinate with high school counselors and community college advisors to facilitate the application process.
- Successfully implement recruitment activities such as campus tours, application programs and designated projects.
- Establish community contacts in the assigned territory.
- Coordinate travel schedule and assignments.
- Track and provide aggressive follow-up with targeted students and parents.
- Maintain a high level of working knowledge of University information, organization, opportunities and policies.
- Advise prospective students about admissions status, policies, and recruitment programs.
- Provide assistance, as needed, to Director and Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions, who also oversee Office of College Readiness.
- Develop working relationships with University agencies, departments, counselors and advisors to enhance customer service and satisfaction.
- Represent the Office of Admissions in a public-speaking capacity both on and off campus an maintain records of these activities.
- Review admission applications;
- Work directly with applicants and their parents to resolve issues which may arise during the application and admission process such as complaints and appeals of admissions denials.
- Create a funnel of ECHS, AP, DC, and IB students who attend summer college readiness programming into applicants.
- Propose, organize, implement and report on programs/projects including publications, accommodations, itineraries, meals, speakers, and records.
- Coordinate a major on or off campus recruitment program.
- Serve on office committees as assigned;
- Perform related duties as required.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and one year of college readiness, student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of college readiness standards and initiatives.
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to keep complex records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Must be able to travel extensively, primarily in the North Texas region.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Working experience with youth and ethnically diverse populations, admissions, and recruitment or higher education.
- Program and territory management experience.
- Customer service experience in student/parent environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working in a university admission department or similar department.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Start Date 06/15/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of college readiness, student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience do you have?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)