Senior Data Analyst - Graduate and Professional Registrar
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary responsibility of this position is the configuration and day-to-day management of the PeopleSoft Student Records module within the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar. This data expert needs to understand the configuration, regular use, and data elements in the PeopleSoft module and translates between business, data, and technical resources. In addition, this position is engaged and focused on initiatives that improve the quality, effectiveness, and services targeted to meet the registration, class scheduling, advising, and graduation requirements for APU graduate students. The Senior Data Analyst writes departmental queries, letters, and reports as appropriate with the escalated assistance of IMT. In addition, this position sets standards for use of software in the unit and serves as the liaison between the department and IMT when technical issues need escalation. This position plays a critical role in training and IT project development.
- Bachelor's degree required. Excellent oral and written communication.
- Five to Seven years experience configuring and managing higher education student records technology. Experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Responsible for the configuration of the Student Records module in conjunction with other Student Records offices and IMT.
- Works in conjunction with the Associate Registrar for Information and Data as a technical liaison and support for the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar.
- Works with IMT to coordinate all escalated technical issues.
- Involvement in training, instruction and being a resource to all new data employees to the Graduate and Professional Registrar team as it relates to the Student Records module.
- Collaborates as the primary technical resource with the Data Analyst: Academic Advising to ensure data integrity and functionality.
- Coordinates configuration updates and changes each academic year.
- Creates and runs queries, verifies and analyzes data, and audits business processes as needed by staff.
- Researches and proposes improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to learn and use work order and change management software.
- Participates in the process to fix a break when it occurs in the module.
- Configures and coordinates scheduling of processors pertaining to graduate and professional student records, including but not limited to, term activation, grade processors, and other batch processes.
- Works with the Associate Registrar for Information and Data and IMT to coordinate and test periodic bundles/patches to PeopleSoft and other software systems.
- Oversees training of Graduate and Professional Registrar staff on all relevant software and documentation of all business processes.
- Participates and collaborates on the implementation and testing of software interfaces between PeopleSoft Student Records module and Sakai, Series25, and future software packages.
- Collaborates with Associate Registrar for Information and Data to make recommendations for system modifications and additional software needs to IMT.
- Determines essential maintenance projects and assembles project teams as needed, under the supervision of the Associate Registrar.
- Provides an extra line of support to the Graduate and Professional Registrar data team and other colleagues to meet project deadlines as necessary.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.