Student & Client Services Coordinator
Student & Client Services Coordinator
Job Number: 75266
Student & Client Services Coordinator, Classification E, 100% FTE, Exempt Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL), is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Student & Client Services Team. Job Title: Student Services Specialist Job Family: Student Services Job Series: Student Services Job Code: 7500 Grade: E Exemption: Non-exempt Effective/Revision Date: 01/20/2016 Job Series Matrix URL: View PDF Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description JOB PURPOSE: Provide administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolve routine issues of limited scope within own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference. CORE DUTIES*:
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Thank you for your interest!
Job: Student Services
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.