Enterprise Applications Administrator - IMT
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Enterprise Applications Administrator (App Admin) is responsible for the installation, upgrading, optimization, troubleshooting, performance and availability monitoring of assigned production applications.
The App Admin's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the enterprise production systems that support core business. This individual is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing software that may be on-premises, remotely hosted, or software-as-a-service. The App Admin will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The App Admin will work closely with the Enterprise Data Management and IMT Engineering teams to develop and enhance current global application support model and processes. In addition to technical administration, this role will also be responsible for identifying business criticality and level of support needed for business applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- A Master's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role (e.g support desk, system administration, application administration, etc.)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with incident management and version control and system monitoring tools
- Hands on experience with process automation, best practice approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable
- Experience with SQL query development, including understanding of database structure and design preferred.
- Provide support for assigned applications managed by the Enterprise Data Management team
- Define and apply application configurations that ensure effective operations and usability for internal customers
- Assist internal customers with significant, cross-departmental tasks and projects in assigned enterprise applications
- Ensure applications are operating at the highest level of quality and performance
- Engage in troubleshooting application issues and working with developers and vendors as necessary until resolution
- Facilitate and coordinate application updates and upgrades
- Provide on-call support for enterprise customers
- Identify problem trends and provide solutions
- Help develop Application support model and plan
- Assist in defining different tiers for support
- Establish support criteria for applications for each tier
- Establish support schedules and escalation points
- Work with application owners to create environment diagrams and data flow
- Develop world class practices and operating procedures
- Application and Process Documentation
- Provide common solutions to the first level support teams by creating how to documents
- Establish SOPs related to maintenance tasks for applications
- Establish change management procedures and documentation
- Develop and maintain Service Level Agreements
- Vendor Relationship
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Manage open vendor incidents to ensure timely resolution, root cause analysis, and defect elimination plans
- Collaboration with IMT Engineering team
- Review and evaluate application architecture and structure for adherence to architecture standards
- Recommend and propose changes to new application requests or to migration requests as needed in collaboration with the Engineering team
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.