Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship
Dominican University of California is seeking a full-time Manager of Donor Relations and Stewardship. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Advancement, the successful candidate will manage all advancement activities in stewardship and donor relations. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years’ experience working in advancement, an understanding of the elements of the successful stewardship of donors, strong writing and communications skills, experience planning and executing events, and comfort with technology and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting & Stewardship
- Work with Advancement Services Manager, Business Office, and academic units to gather all relevant information for creating annual reports to donors for scholarship and endowment funds.
- Design and write fund reports for donors.
- Oversee endowed scholarship program and act as liaison between the University, donors, and students, and responding to staff and donor inquiries regarding account clarification and student assignments.
- Create and update personalized acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Work with Advancement Services Manager to create system for timely acknowledgements.
- With input from Advancement team, develop tiered acknowledgement process; share that process broadly.
- Work with Advancement Services Manager to produce annual Honor Roll of Donors.
- Write and/or edit copy for a variety of communications, both print and electronic, relative to fund raising including (but not limited to):
- Advancement Web site content
- Gift acknowledgements
- Endowment and Scholarship Reporting
- Newsletters and communication to specific donor audiences
- Work with VP and development officers to plan strategic stewardship events for donors
- Including but not limited to:
- Lecture & Reception series in partnership with ILS
- Lunches for scholarship donors/recipients
- Small events involving the President
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years experience working in advancement, with an understanding of the elements of the successful stewardship of donors
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with planning & executing events
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases
- Comfort with technology and social media
- Willingness to stay abreast of trends in the field
- Teamwork mentality, and a sense of humor
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 21, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.