Computing Support Analyst 2
Computing Support Analyst 2
Job Number: 75254
Job Title: Computing Support Analyst 2 Job Code: 4732 Grade: H Reports to: Paarth Shukla
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for success.
Supporting this mission is a staff of more than 11,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence, innovation, collaboration and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University, Department of Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is committed to the preservation and enhancement of Stanford's campus and adjoining lands and constructs and maintains the facilities in which advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. LBRE takes pride in the care and stewardship of the 8,100 acres that make Stanford the special place that it is. LBRE is seeking qualified applicants for the Computing Support Analyst. This is a full-time continuing position.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description JOB PURPOSE: Under general supervision, provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, software, and network related problems.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user problems; respond to escalated issues from clients and other support teams; perform triage, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups.
- Research, recommend and implement hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet client needs and ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.
- Research, recommend and implement approved standards used throughout the unit and contribute to the development of the client support strategy.
- Investigate and test new tools, systems, techniques, and software products.
- Provide technical guidance and training; may guide other staff.
- Work on projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
- May perform routine server administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
- May require extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.